Brewer Fanatic

Happy for Jenkins?

dayzedcrewfan
I'm not happy for him at all -- in fact, I didn't even think about him at all this post-season. Besides his game 5 double, what did he do to help the Phillies this year? He is the equivalent of Glenn Robinson winning a ring with the Spurs at the end of his career when he was a non-factor for them. If he was an everyday starter or key contributor, I could understand the excitement for him. Jenks is nothing but a 'cherry picker' in this case.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not happy for him at all -- in fact, I didn't even think about him at all this post-season. Besides his game 5 double, what did he do to help the Phillies this year? He is the equivalent of Glenn Robinson winning a ring with the Spurs at the end of his career when he was a non-factor for them. If he was an everyday starter or key contributor, I could understand the excitement for him. Jenks is nothing but a 'cherry picker' in this case.
Even bench players contribute. I'm not saying the Phillies couldn't have won the World Series without him, but it's not like he played no role whatsoever.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Maybe I am in the minority here, but I agree with moofnelson...why would a fan be happy for a player who is not a Brewer any longer? What personal satisfaction does a fan get by seeing a long-time Brewer -- now ex-Brewer -- celebrate with champagne, first in the Miller Park visitor's clubhouse when they knocked us out, and then again in the World Series? Jenkins actually annoys me beyond reproach. The guy always thought he was a superstar when he merely was a good player on lousy teams. In the movie Major League, he was the Brewers' equivalent of Roger Dorn (overpaid underproducer on a bad, bad team).

Archived