Brewer Fanatic

Happy for Jenkins?

dayzedcrewfan
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was nice to see him get the ring, but more importantly he was able to contribute something in the clinching game. He had a pretty poor season, and was hitless in the postseason before tonight, so he was probably feeling like he was just along for the ride. I'm pretty happy for him.

he just about beat Ryan Howard to the mound for the celebration. I wish they had a camera on him as he stormed out of the dugout.

Congrats Geoff!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

It's at least small consolation that the team we lost to became the WS champs. And it sure was cool to see Jenkins have such a great moment tonight -- and be unafraid to show his enthusiasm.

As others have said, though, I'm glad it's over so we can start seeing now what will unfold with the Brewers' offseason.

I kind of feel the same way I did when Scotty won a ring with Chicago in 2005. Definitely glad for him.

Jenks may not have been overly stellar the last couple of years he played with Milwaukee, but he stuck with this organization that brought him up, and to see him get such a clutch hit in the World Series was definitely nice to see.

i was happy for him...and happy that the team that knocked the crew out won the series
I too took solace in knowing that we got knocked out by the team that won it all. Though, in truth, I don't think we were well situated for the playoffs with Sheets out and a suckitude virus going around the clubhouse.

I was happy for Jenkins. When he left Milwaukee, he did so with class and made a point of telling the city and the fanbase that they meant a lot to him. Maybe that was pure PR, but it was up and beyond what was needed. I'm sure if he had his druthers, he would have won that World Series with Milwaukee, but given the chances that any ball player will be on a World Championship team, I had to feel good for him.

I had some schadenfreude with Balfour giving up that run. Not that I wish anything bad for him (why blame him for our team's impatience), but it was nice to know we traded away a human, instead of a super-awesome pitching machine.

I don't remember off hand what the Phillies gave up for Lidge, but I'm suddenly wishing we would have done that.

There's a lot of excitement in the Philly area about the Phillies' win as I'm sure you can imagine. It was the first sports championship in the city in 25 years (since the Sixers in 1983). Looked like there were a lot of knuckleheads out last night like the guy in the above video, but please don't think all Phillies' fans are idiots like that.

I went to Modell's Sports to get some Phillies' World Series gear, and there was about a half hour long wait to check out. It was like that at all the local branches of the store.

As far as Jenks, I guess I'm glad to see him get a ring, although I of course would have preferred it had been with the Brewers. I'm just mainly disappointed that Jenkins never turned out to be the player I always thought he would be.

On Philly TV, Jayson Werth gave a lot of credit to Jenkins, saying it was great to platoon with him.

Archived