Brewer Fanatic

04/18/2006 Brewers (Davis) @ Astros (Oswalt) 7:05 PM, CST

JoeH33

Some of you please explain to me why they are a BETTER team than last year. I can't find even 1 legit reason.

I don't know for certain they are better. I do know it's too early to make any judgement about what they'll do over 162 games based on 14 games.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know, Stevo, this is one time in my life where I hope I'm totally 100% wrong and you are 100% right. I want this team to finish above .500 and contend but I just can't see it from the way they've played this year. Even when they were 5-0 they were just eeking through the games, and now that they're facing stiffer competition, they aren't getting those same breaks. Good teams find ways to win whether they're at home or on the road. They better have a great homestand to make up for the 2-7 road trip that they'll have just completed (assuming of course they lay and egg and get swept tomorrow by Pettite).

Well certainly their play so far has been disappointing. But with a young team, slow starts aren't unexpected. I fully expect them to hit their stride after a couple months. Oakland, after trading Mulder and Hudson, was awful the first two months. They they went on a charge and nearly made the playoffs.

Tell you what.. a loss is a loss..

you feel bad for Doug's ERA, but even if it ended up 3-2, it was still a loss...

although they might beat us by 20 tonight, it only counts for one game..

I'm not too worried, this will still be a good season.

I don't know for certain they are better. I do know it's too early to make any judgement about what they'll do over 162 games based on 14 games.

Well you may not be in better shape after 100 games or 140 games.....any team could be 70-70 after 140 then go 5-17 or 17-5 the remainder of the season and either have a bad record or a good record....we can't predict what the future will be even in baseball.

wow. I was utterly convinced that it couldn't get any worse, so I wen t and did my stretching, came back after mixing myself a loaded corona, and realized that yes, it could indeed get worse, now the score is 11-2 ! I believe we will have multiple Order of the Baby Seal inductee's tonight. I am gonna hop into the hot tub, I want to be loose for my 6.5 mile atonement for Brewers loss run tomorrow!

By the way, a loaded corona is:

A bottle of Corona

A bottle of Bacardi Limon

A lime

Open your bottle of Corona and take a swig out of it, in a case like this, it might be a large swig indeedy. Fill the bottle back up to its starting volume with the Bacardi, and dunk a slice of lime to taste, repeat as necessary, 3 is a good number!

Coming in late....

OK, I can see it's a crapfest on the field. Is it a gripe- or a snipe-fest in this thread? If someone could summarize, it would save me some mouse clicks. Thanks.

Edit: To be fair, I should have offered a less negative guess too, such as "neither."

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Thank goodness I have the baseball package. I'm going to watch a different game. (Not that I've been watching this for the past hour)

We've been watching 'It's a Big Big World' on MPTV Kids which, sadly enough is more captivating than the Brewers game is at this point.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I know you guys are real dissapointed with this game, but from a season standpoint, like i said above, its only one game.

We will certainly get better..

I think the reason this sucks so bad is that we (or at least I) get up in the morning and look forward to seeing the Crew play.. and win... When they absolutely don't show up, like tonight, it's a real let down.

I hope in 40 years I have the chance to blow that place up.

Don't worry, Marc NOD. This is the twenty-first century. It'll be 20 more years tops before Houston "has to" replace the juice box. You know, to stay competitive and survive.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'm much less frustrated by this score than last night's...much more frustrated by the Brewers tonight, however.

Like the Steves have said though, I'm relatively OK with this in April, I expected the slow start. We lose 3 straight in this fashion in Augsut however...

Archived