Brewer Fanatic

04/18/2006 Brewers (Davis) @ Astros (Oswalt) 7:05 PM, CST

JoeH33
  • Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even before Davis gave up all these runs, I thought to myself...this guy is our #2 pitcher and we expect to make the playoffs with this staff? HECK NO!

This guy is average at best. On a team with high expectations, you need a more dominating #2...not a soft tossing finesse pitcher. On a winning team he is a #4 at best. Whether you people like to believe it, his stuff is very hittable and frankly, not that impressive. A contract extension? Absolutely NOT. We have the likes of Jackson and Eveland waiting in the wings. They'll be a heck of a lot better than this clown.

Does anyone else just DESPISE this park? Left field is beyond ridiculous, the train is stupid, the sound effects are annoying, and Jason Lane hits 298 foot home runs. Puke.

Yes. It is the most, gimmicky, shamelessly annoying stadium ever built. And you didn't even mention the flag pole or the hill.

Quote:
On a winning team he is a #4 at best.

The Brewers were one win in Pittsburgh short of being a winning team, and Davis was an established number two.

Roger Clemens got rocked by the Brewers last year. Everyone has bad outings.

This guy is average at best. On a team with high expectations, you need a more dominating #2...not a soft tossing finesse pitcher. On a winning team he is a #4 at best.

Davis had 206 strikeouts last year and 166 in 2004. He'd sure make an awesome # 4. Not easy to find 3 better pitchers.

If you want to settle for being 82-80 and mediocrity is your goal, then Double freakin' D is the man of your choice. Me, I'm sorry, I want a playoff and champion-caliber team here and realistically, that team doesn't have a Doug Davis anywhere near the top of their rotation whether you like to believe that or not.

Can't stand the Astros

Can't stand Berkman or Biggio

Can't stand their announcers (volume turned all the way down now)

Can't stand that we are making them look like hall of famers in their prime when i know as soon as we leave they will struggle.

Can't stand that STUPID porch in left field.

But on a lighter note, Preston Wilson has now struck out in 7 straight at bats!!! hahahahha.. at least i think he has.. that can't be right can it?

Bucksman, you don't think the Mets would love to have someone like Doug Davis? Or would they prefer Steve Trachsel, Victor Martinez and 41 year old Tom Glavine?

Doug Davis is a top of the rotation starter. He had the most strikeouts out of any lefty in the NL. You're not going to convince me otherwise.

< Rome was not built in a day, its going to take time. >

Because of all the young players on this team, they will not even be .500 this year. It will take some time to get these guys experience, and that means a step back will be in order this year. It will be painful at times but we should still end up in the mid to upper 70's in wins.

Archived