Brewer Fanatic

04/18/2006 Brewers (Davis) @ Astros (Oswalt) 7:05 PM, CST

JoeH33

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we're going to get three-hit by a rookie making his first start one night (even if we scored six runs on those three hits), we're bound to tattoo the ace that starts the next night.

I think we can make Oswalt feel sorry he even stepped onto the mound today.

The inconsistent way the Brewers have been swinging the bats this year would lead most to believe that Doug Davis will again be either a hard-luck loser or come away with yet another no-decision.

That's why the Brewers will beat Oswalt 9-2 today. Lee, Jenkins and Fielder will all go yard, and Hardy will go 3-4 with a double and three runs scored. Davis will keep Houston hitters off-balance all night, and toss 7 2/3 innings, scattering 7 hits.

Which trend will win out tonight?

- The Brewers, facing a quality pitcher, gear up accordingly and have a good game

- Roy Oswalt owns the Brewers and will tonight as well

- Sharpie's on the mound, so whatever the outcome it'll be decided after his departure

Wait 7-10 hours and we'll know.

In the meantime, revel in the glory of an IGT that just might not give us a headache. Thanks for the DFA, Brian.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote:
Really would be nice to bounce back after last night, but I don't have a very good feeling about this series

The good news is that it is early. Last year's team had a seven game win streak and a seven game losing streak within the first month and a half. After that, no big streaks. Just some clunky, awful losses, followed by a clunky win, followed by another clunky loss and so on...

There were some awful, brutal losses (like last night's) late in the season last year that I was just sure would doom the Brewers into a losing funk worthy of Wendy Selig.

And yet they kept coming. They 'battled' to an improbable .500 finish. No reason to think they won't keep coming this year.

They should play well tonight.

I don't expect they'll spend much time under .500 this season, though they probably won't lead the division much either.

wow, thanks Brian. I was very frustrated with whisky the other day. I've never rooted for someone to be booted before. But several of us tried to warn him, and he just got more and more annoying

BA OBP SLG OPS

Geoff Jenkins &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp .324 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp .395 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp .559 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp .954

Bill Hall &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp .391 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp .391 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp .478 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp .870

Carlos Lee .083 .154 .083 .237

Ben Sheets(2 hits 4 abs).500 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp .500 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp .500 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 1.000

just checked oswalts stats versus brewers. Billy and Jenkins the only ones with any kind of success. I predict a loooong night for the beermakers

Quote:
 BA OBP SLG OPS Geoff Jenkins .324 .395 .559 .954 Bill Hall .391 .391 .478 .870 Carlos Lee .083 .154 .083 .237 Ben Sheets(4AB's) .500 .500 .500 1.000

Just fixing it for you. To make a chart like this look correct, all you have to to is copy/paste the data to notepad or any word processor, then get the correct spacing. Once you've done that, just copy and paste the data back here and wrap it in code tags.

Geoff does well against Oswalt. He also has 2 HR in his 34 ABs against him.

Sheets is 2 for 4 against Oswalt which is interesting since I can't specifically remember any 2 hits Sheets had last year or any year.

Weeks has 1 HR against Oswalt in 6 ABs.

Saying that Oswalt is due for a bad game is like saying we're due for snow in summer, but considering how we have traditionally hit some of the best starters in the game, nothing is out of the quesiton.

I don't know what to think of tonight's game. I'm excited to watch, as I am for every game, but it will be tough to enjoy it if we have the lead again. Usually, especially with Wise and Turnbow, I feel safe with any sort of lead and am convinced that we will the game. Although I am confident Wise will be back to form in his next appearance, if we get a lead, we'll have to go to the depleted bullpen. So, hopefully Davis can go 8?

Check for me on the broadcast tonight. I'll be a big fat kid in a huge bright yellow brewers shirt http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Can't wait to go to the game tonight and tomorrow; Minute Maid seems like a cool stadium.

Last night sucked... watched the game in a sports bar down here and made myself look like a really idiot when i stood and started yelling in Prince shot (which i thought was a HR...) Lets turn it around tonight!

I wouldn't be too worried about Wise, jloos. It's one rough outing. Otherwise, he's been awfully sharp, and he's seen a lot of time on a long, nasty road trip.

One week ago nobody thought to be worried about Wise, but they were worried about Turnbow because he'd been wild in some of his appearances.

I'm looking forward to watching this game tonight.

i am so glad i didn't go to the game last night, i was very mad all night and i still a little upset, i can't go to any the games i have to work.i glad i didn't stick around last night to see the mess on here, wow.

The thing that might help take the nasty taste out of my mouth from last nights game is a solid performance by the Brewers tonight. The great thing about this sport is normally one game doesn't kill a team. The brewers woke up this morning and have a shot at victory tonight and to redeem themselves. If not tonight, then tomorrow. So far the Brewers have been able to keep up with both the Mets and the Astros in limited matchups, so it should be a good series.

Looks like Bill Hall is in at SS tonight and batting 2nd in Hardy's place. At least according to usa today, though they were mistaken last night. Once again I apologise for that.

Looks like Houston is sticking with the same line-up against the left hander Davis as they did for the right hander Bush.

Should be a great pitching matchup tonite, have a feeling this will be decided in the 8th.

According to JSonline:

B. Clark, CF

B. Hall, SS

G. Jenkins, RF

C. Lee, LF

C. Koskie, 3B

R. Weeks, 2B

P. Fielder, 1B

D. Miller, C

D. Davis, P

C. Biggio, 2B

W. Taveras, CF

L. Berkman, 1B

M. Ensberg, 3B

P. Wilson, LF

J. Lane, RF

B. Ausmus, C

A. Everett, SS

R. Oswalt, P

This game isn't being broadcasted on Extra Innings so I'll be stuck with the radio/gameday, although the radio isn't bad.

Archived