Brewer Fanatic

MLB Front Office Manager (new video game coming)

Invader3K

I haven't seen the horrible reviews...most of the ones I'm seeing on the internet seem to rate it average to mediocre.

Still, like I said, I'd rather wait for The Show '09, since '08's GM mode was more than enough for me, the little I played around with it.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

• 2 weeks later...
I rented this game with Gamefly, sent it back before I even "managed" a game. I couldn't stand it. The menus are confusing, you have to go through a whole bunch of windows just to do one thing, and then back all the way out. The contract lengths are screwed up, so basically everyone on the Brewers has 1 year left on their contract, and you can offer a guy like Gallardo a long term contract for $100 million, but he only wants 1 year-500k, and that's all he will accept. So to start the game out, you have to essentially resign every player on the team to new contracts, then free agency isn't fun at all. You get no feedback on your offers, you put in a offer, and then wait, then you get an e-mail telling you the player either signed with your team or signed with someone else. So you have no chance of trying to outbid someone. Nothing seemed realistic to me, so before I even started a game I just sent it back.

The menus are absolutely horrid. I sadly bought this game, and if 2k sports had any sense of decency, they'd offer a refund. If you ever played franchise mode in madden 99, the player menus are kinda like that. You cannot sort by name or position. The player just occupies the spot that you swapped him for. Ex: Trade Prince for a pitcher. You now have, in order, C, P, 2b, 3b, ss, lf, cf, rf. After a few transactions, it is hellish, especially when you factor in the minor league rosters.

Archived