Brewer Fanatic

Beastie Boys

PaulRigdon

along with Tenacious D, Ben Harper and Crosby & Nash are playing at the US Cellular arena on Nov 2nd for a get out and vote campaign. Tickets go on sale tom. at 10am.

Anyone else as excited about this as me? Hopefully they won't be too political but Tenacious D puts on a great show and do i need to say more about the beastie boys??

Anyone else as excited about this as me? Hopefully they won't be too political but Tenacious D puts on a great show and do i need to say more about the beastie boys??
They are doing these shows in swing states to rally support for Obama

I love the Beasties, but for myself at least, i generally don't care for going to see entertainers who make their show a more political event. I went to see Roger Waters at Summerfest and even though i'm no fan of the Iraq war, his rantings on the war got tiring when it carried on to much for my tastes.

That said, the Beasties are putting on the show specifically with political intentions, so anyone going knows this beforehand.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm not a huge Ben Harper fan by any means at all - in fact, I don't own one CD and I don't believe any of his songs are on my iTunes. But I did happen to run into him as I was getting luggage at baggage claim in Dallas a few years ago. He was standing off by himself waiting for his stuff to show up and I recognized him. I walked up and just said that I enjoyed his music (which was partially true - I liked one song at the time) and that I wanted to wish him luck on his current tour. He offered up his hand, shook mine, and then engaged me in a five minute conversation about my own life. I thought that was really cool that he actually cared what I did for a living. He seemed really appreciative that I took the time to wish him luck on his career. So from my own little five minute experience, I don't think Ben Harper is a douche.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

That's an interesting story, and when I was at a Blind Boys of Alabama show, they also spoke glowingly of what a great guy Harper is, but still... I think my dislike stems from when he had some hit song like a decade ago (something about 'kisses', iirc, don't remember the title) and my friend was trying to holla at some girl who liked Harper. Somehow, I was coerced into attending a Harper show and the whole atmosphere was extremely unpleasant. The only worse time I've had at a concert was once when I was at a Lauryn Hill show and I was somehow the only one who felt the need to boo her vociferously.

Well, you went to a show when an artist was incredibly popular and there were tons of high schoolers...

really... what did you expect?

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

That said, the Beasties are putting on the show specifically with political intentions, so anyone going knows this beforehand.

Yeh, it would annoy me to no end to pay to be entertained with music, only to have to endure a stump speech. In this case, it's the point, though. It's like getting your free room but getting mad that you have to listen to the guy trying to sell you a condo for an hour.

How much is the show? I don't care for any other of the bands, but I'd be interested in the Beasties. I wonder how old they are now, and what kinda stuff they play? I saw them in 1996 for Lollapallooza, and then on a seperate tour a few years after that and both were two of the best sets I've ever seen. I don't think they can hold that up 12 years later. Though I could be wrong.

Archived