Brewer Fanatic

4/19/06 Brewers (Capuano) @ Astros (Pettite), 7:05 PM CST

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If a reliever comes in with the tying run on deck, it's a save situation. If a reliever comes in with his team leading, no matter what the score is, pitches 3 or more innings and finishes the game, it's a save. And, as said before, the most common is the "9th inning, 3 or less run lead" save.

Whew; great game to be at. Just got back from Minute Maid. I'm pretty sure a 7 2/3 innings 2 run outing is the absolute best you can ask for in that stadium. A few notes

-Pregame -- Turnbow takes his steps as if like a placekicker n the outfield. He takes his approach, spits his gum out, and as it falls he kicks it. Wise and Koskie signal the field goal good. Good stuff.

-Lee hit 7 consecutive Homeruns into the Crawford Boxes during batting practice and then finished off his session with a bunt down the line http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

-during the game we sat right next to the NFL Record holder Bill Groman He is also the man who is responsible for scouting Brett Favre and reporting to the Falcons. He had a 1998 NFC champs ring from the falcons and was just an awesome conversation.

-Good to see the brewers take one. Everyone played well today. Damians throw to third reallly sucked; and it appeared (?) as if Rickie was safe on that double play. The two Cappy's got the job done, and Turnbow sealed the deal. We really needed that for a day off for the bullpen.

-I have some cool pictures from the two games that I will post in the Off-Topic forum when i get back to Waukesha.

UNDEFEATED HOMESTAND coming up?

I normally don't complain about lack of respect but the espn.com article about tonight's game is ridiculous. The headline: Bullpen blows Pettitte masterpiece as Astros fall to Brewers.

Pettite's line: 2 R, 7 H, 1 BB, 8 SO, 7 inning

Cappy (who is mentioned almost as an afterthought): 2 R, 5 H, 2 BB, 8 SO 7 2/3rd inning

Come on, credit where it's due ESPN

SeriesFinale, I was just about to post the EXACT same thing. If Pettitte's performance was a "masterpiece," than what was Cappy's performance? Cappy probably pitched a better game! He sure didn't pitch a worse game. Poor, poor Pettitte. How dare the bullpen ruin his "masterpiece."

On a sidenote, kudos to the FSN crew for continuously showing the Brewer (guy) and Astro (girl) couple. The girl did not appear to be happy about the Astros losing to her boyfriend's Brewers. There seemed to be some actual tension between them. When the game was over she tried to bolt for the stairs to leave. The boyfriend stopped her though to give her a somewhat awkward hug. She was not happy.

Too bad we didn't make it on the air either of the nights. I thought for sure a 300 pound kid in a bright yellow shirt in the 5th row would get on...

Darn

Good games none-the-less http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

I also saw the ESPN headline and laughed. Cappy outpitched Pettitte. To top it off, the bullpen didn't even blow his "masterpiece." He gave up the go ahead run himself to Miller in the 7th. He blew it himself. Pretty funny stuff.

It's an AP article - one of the frustrating things about it is that Pettitte gives props to Cappy - he talks about the fact that HE needed to pitch well, and it's HIS fault because he knew Cappy was pitching so well on the other end.

Stupid sports media.

Archived