Brewer Fanatic

4/19/06 Brewers (Capuano) @ Astros (Pettite), 7:05 PM CST

wOOgiE22

Andy Pettite (1-2, 6.35 ERA)

http://mirrorimageorigin.collegepublisher.com/media/paper410/stills/26i96csf.jpg

vs.

Chris Capuano (1-2, 3.93 ERA)

http://mlbplayers.mlb.com/images/2005/09/13/tjQ6eEGa.jpg

GAME PREVIEW:

MLB.com Game Preview

Brewers Leading Hitters:

Carlos Lee - .346 8 15

Prince Fielder - .352 2 8

Geoff Jenkins - .298 3 7

Astros Leading Hitters:

Lance Berkman - .370 6 18

Morgan Ensberg - .429 6 13

Adam Everett - .327 1 12

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the last two offensive explosions by both teams the past two nights I'm predicting a 2-1 victory, hopefully in favor of the Brewers. Hopefully we can get back on track tonight with a good outing by Cappy and get him some runs. Hopefully Cappy can work a lot of innings tonight since our bullpen is exhausted and we do not off an off day until next Thursday. But we are battlers so I think we can do it.

GO CREW!

This is a pretty important game tonight...win tonight and we go 3-6 on this road trip. 3-6 doesn't sound too nice but when you think about it, I wouldn't expect to win more than one game during a three game series at STL, NYM, or Houston anyways.

I just don't want to come home under .500. It's not like the Reds are chopped liver either.

I think that the more casual "bandwagon" fan is looking at tonights game a test of what we actually have. I know a bunch of my friends started watching after the hot start, but are quickly becoming disenfranchised. I've tried to explain the difficulties of playing really good teams on the road, but it makes no difference to them. As far as they're concerned, if the Brewers drop below .500 it will be a reflection that this is the "same old Brewers."

I'm really hoping for two straight wins here, to build the excitment a bit again!

On the subject of JJ Hardly:

Having you at the plate is about as usefull as walking into a Blockbuster and looking for the Betamax section.

Hey JJ: I know why you wear gloves when it's your turn to "hit"- your bat is as cold as ice.

JJ's bat is made of "would". I wonder what would happen if he actually got a hit.

Yo, JJ: first base is that way! (point towards the bag)

From the Dictionary-

Futility:

1. The quality of having no useful result; uselessness.

2. Lack of importance or purpose; frivolousness.

3. A futile act.

4. See also the On base Percentage of Milwaukee Brewer JJ Hardy.

JJ Hardly: proving to Brewers fans every where that he should be listed as 10th in the batting order.

Maybe you should try hitting with your glove, it's the only thing working for you.

JJ Hardy: Ju, Ju-st can't hit.

I tried finding a category on the Brewers site that lists JJ Hardy near the top. It won't list players alphabetically.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Well last night was not a good night to be at Minute maid... Hopefully tonight will be better. A few observations:

-Astros fan are VERY nice and polite; but they honestly don't seem to know much about baseball (most; not all -- I sat next to some very knowledgable fans)

-Most fans didn't know when to cheer unless told to. It seemed the only time fans got behind their pitchers or batters is whenever the cute little "GET LOUD" animations came on the LCD panels.

-They are very fair weather fans. They would scream at Garner to pull Milller; yell obnoxiously loud when Lidge comes out, cheer for him throughout the 8th; boo him in the ninth after the HR and after each non-strike pitch; and then cheer after every strike...

-The lack of tailgating really got me flustered...

-Minute Maid is a very cool park. Some good monuments and fun little things around the park. The 7th inning Hummer race did not even compare to the Sausages obviously, but overall a very cool stadium

-The food was a lot more expensive than miller park; which was to be expected; but $4.00 for a hot dog (well... a "star dog") and $5.00 for a 20 oz. soda was a little outrageous. I did find it cool that they had Beer Brats just for this series in honor of the Brewer fans and Wisconsin.

-Off topic here, but how didn't Yost pull Davis after 7 in 2+ innings? Anyways...

-Ben Sheets threw us a ball during Batting practice because he saw we were Brewer fans; that was pretty cool. He also threw one up to some Astros fans, who didn't catch it, and fell back on the field. Ben took off his glove; stared at them and clapped for a good ten seconds. Then he just turned around leaving the ball on the ground. Good time.

Tonight I'll be sitting behind the Brewers dugout; wearing my shirt that has the Brewers glove logo and "Everyone Else Sucks" below it; hope I don't get murdered...

GAIN SOME MOMENTUM COMING BACK TO MILWAUKEE GUYS!!

He also threw one up to some Astros fans, who didn't catch it, and fell back on the field. Ben took off his glove; stared at them and clapped for a good ten seconds. Then he just turned around leaving the ball on the ground. Good time.

That's awesome. I love Ben.

This is the only time I'm going to post this for the season.

When you see total slams on a Brewer player when in the IGT, it is -a joke- it is -a reverse jinx- this goes back to the Boston Red Sox coming back after being down 3-0 to NYY. I ripped the Sox each game after that, they won, the jinx took on a life of it's own.

The obvious humor in the bashing of guys is meant to make them light it up.

Yes, Hardy has 15 hits, but his OBP is .281 so he suffers my wrath.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Archived