Brewer Fanatic

Badger Hockey

logan82
  • Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
Bah! I used to make fun of Bemidji State all the time when I lived in MN... in fact after watching the Badgers get hammered at Target Center in '94 or '95 my friends rubbed it in all night comparing UW to Bemidji State. How weird it is when things come full circle.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Wow, that is pretty interesting considering the big push for a Big Ten Hockey Conference. Little side note for the outdoor game in February. There will be a tailgate party in the Fieldhouse, with beer and food. Also, the "beer garden" (fieldhouse) will be open through the end of the second period. It should be interesting. It' ll be free beer for the tailgate, and then switching over to charging for beer at a certain time.

• 2 months later...
I looked at the roster they have posted on USCHO and they don't have any goalies or freshmen listed. Does anyone know if they brought in any decent freshmen? Try as a might, I just cannot find a good site for up to date college hockey recruiting.

Thanks guys. I used to go to the Wisconsin State Journal website for coverage. Now I have these sites bookmarked. Hopefully we get better TV coverage this year than last. It sucks watching a UW-UM game and having to listen to Minnesota broadcasters. I am not hopeful.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/INCH.htm

http://www.uscho.com/

http://www.wcha.com/

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Yeah, I think FSN stopped broadcasting games, so we only get the Minnesota games on FSN with the Minnesota broadcasters. I'm hoping the Big Ten Network does more games (I wonder if they'll have the game at Camp Randall against Michigan?)

The only thing I get in the Milwaukee area is the rare game on FSN, a few Big Ten Network games, occasional games tape delayed on Public Television and static on the radio.

I was all ready to post that link vaccinator! They have great coverage, do a lot of linking to blogs you'd never even think to read, so they compile all the info for you, and they really know their stuff. On a more personal note, I love that 60, the owner of the blog, is a girl. Hooray for more girl sportswriters.

On another note, we bought our 5-pack last night. Section 308 at center ice, rows E and F. Can't believe we'll be going to a hockey game in a little over a month! Between those games, the Camp Randall Classic and the trip we'll make to see the women's team play the US National team, we'll have a good group of Badger hockey games this season.

I ran across this while looking around the INCH website. The Frozen Four will be held at Ford Field in Detroit apparently. Link

Will the ice surface itself be a concern? Probably not, but if you ran the NCAA, would you be willing to play the three most important games of the season on a temporary rink? There are other behind-the-scenes issues. A reliable source told INCH that it was a two-minute walk up a significant incline from the court to the locker room for the Final Four teams. Now try the same walk in skates or, even worse, in goalie equipment. Players could easily spend 40 percent of their intermission walking to and from the ice. Call it a hunch, but coaches would probably prefer their teams expend energy more important matters.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

• 1 month later...

Anybody else as annoyed as I am with games ending as a tie? There's nothing more dissatisfying as a fan than watching your team only to have it end in a tie. College hockey would be so much better to me if they had a shootout if the game was still tied after overtime.

Anyways, terrible start to the Badgers season. Get a two goal lead in the first game and choke it away losing 3-2 and now they tie. One point at home against a team that's supposed to be worse than us. I still hate this crap offense that Eaves runs.

Scott Gudmandson should be starting at goalie. Bennett: 23/26 for saves on Friday. Gudie: 31/32 on Saturday. Gudie also played better in the scrimmage, not allowing a goal, while Bennett gave up 2 goals in fewer shots on goal.

And yes, a tie stinks, but I'll gladly take a tie over blowing a 2-goal lead.

And yes, a tie stinks, but I'll gladly take a tie over blowing a 2-goal lead.

Oh I agree, but it's just terrible as a fan and I'm sure as a player as well to have the game end in a tie. They do shootouts in the pros, why not college? It adds what, maybe 10 minutes to the game for the time it takes the zamboni to come out and do the strip down the middle of the ice and then three or five shooters.

I'd be pissed as a fan if I went to a game that ended in a tie.

• 2 weeks later...
I was at the game last night. It was a good, old fashioned butt whooping. NH scored on a short-handed 2-man break-away, and the guy made a decent move to beat Bennett. The fact they only scored 4 goals is mind boggling...their goalie didn't make a lot of great saves, but the Badgers never had a guy in position to score on rebounds.

Woah, ice cream goal tonight and then some!

In the postgame radio interviews, Brian Posick is asking each player he interviews what his Halloween costume is. Scott Gudmandson is going to be a Baywatch lifeguard; Jordy Murray, Derek Lee and Justin Schultz are going together as a mariachi band.

Is anyone else who follows both Badger hockey and the Brewers tempted to do a double take when hearing "Derek Lee"? (even though it's spelled differently from the Cub)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived