Brewer Fanatic

Badger Hockey

logan82
  • Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If someone could teach Doug Woog english, or even the rules of hockey (e.g. there is no icing when you are on the PK), that would be great.
Watching Friday and Saturday's games only served to show how utterly bad the UM crew is. There was little-to-no play-by-play. They were so wrapped up in the interviews they kept doing, they didn't have a clue what was going on in the game. On the goal that was called off, they were all "it's definitely a goal. The Badger would have missed Kangas if not pushed." The goal was called off and the 180 was so quick I got whiplash. It was painful.

• 3 weeks later...
Gah, terrible couple weeks for us 0-3-1 with 2 overtime losses. Great chance to get a hold on first place and we blow it. Thank goodness baseball is starting soon.(baseball doesn't start until I see the Brewers on TV)

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Gah, terrible couple weeks for us 0-3-1 with 2 overtime losses. Great chance to get a hold on first place and we blow it. Thank goodness baseball is starting soon.(baseball doesn't start until I see the Brewers on TV)

I honestly wonder if the Badgers have set a record for leads blown in a single season?

UW announced today that they will be hosting another outdoor game, this time at Camp Randall Stadium. It will be in February next year. The women will open up against Bemidji State and the men will take on Michigan. The game at Lambeau was incredible, so I can't wait for this one.

Well they haven't won an OT game since like 2006. It's really been an up and down year, but they still have a chance to salvage the season this weekend all be it a small one.

I'm surprised it's been 2006. I would've thought longer. Our horrendous offensive scheme is not conducive to scoring. It usually takes a power play or a stupid mistake by the opponent for us to get goals. And since penalties are rarely called in OT and teams are more cautious about not making mistakes that lead to odd man rushes, it's not surprising that the Badgers don't score.

It's gonna be cold for that game in February!!! Michigan is playing Michigan St. at the end of October earlier in the season. I think that this will slowly start to loose it's appeal. In all honesty, how many people are going to go sit in the middle of Camp Randall in the middle of February. I understand that a lot of the hardcore fans will show. Did they announce how much tickets were? How much were the ones at Lambeau?

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/SixtyMinutes.NoAlibis.NoRegrets%20Blog has a counter up. It's been 721 days, 21 hours and some minutes since we've won an OT game.

Last night's game was one of the best games I've been to probably since the 2006 Championship run. The crowd was the loudest I've heard it in ages and it lasted the length of the game. Derek Stepan scored not one, but two short-handed goals in one penalty kill and had the opportunity more than once as the game went on to make it a natural hat-trick short-handed. It was spectacular.

UW announced today that they will be hosting another outdoor game, this time at Camp Randall Stadium. It will be in February next year. The women will open up against Bemidji State and the men will take on Michigan. The game at Lambeau was incredible, so I can't wait for this one.

Honestly, I'm not sure how excited I am about an outdoor game in Madison. Part of what made the Lambeau experience so great was the tailgating (we rolled like 20 deep in the parking lot with a wide array of food & drink - a lot like a Brewers game), and the fact that you could buy beer during the game was also a big plus.

This game will mean crowded bars like Luckys or Big 10 Pub, which will be even worse than usual because everyone's going to try and cram indoors rather than freeze in the beer garden. And then standing for 3 hours on concrete or sitting on metal benches in subzero temps, with no "antifreeze" to consume.

It will be neat to see how they setup the ice and all that, but I might get bored really quick.

Wisconsin women's hockey are national champs again! And what better, or more natural, way for Jessie Vetter to end her incredibly stellar career...than on a shutout? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived