Brewer Fanatic

Badger Hockey

logan82

6-1 win over CC tonight. We have a chance to pull back into first place Saturday night. Of course Denver will have played 2 less games after tomorrow.

TV coverage really sucks for this year. No game even on public TV tonight, but the game tomorrow is on both FSN and public TV. Unbelievable. I wish the Bucks would move out of state.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Q: How do you stop the Badgers from scoring goals?

A: Put them on a power play

Q: How do you beat the Badgers?

A: Let them get a multiple goal lead.

No kidding. Normally, if you get a 2-3 goal lead in hockey, you'll win 80-90 percent of the time. When the Badgers get these kinds of leads, i just wait for the impending doom.

Kind of disappointing considering the talent we supposedly have on defense. Here I was at the start of the season talking about how we would have problems scoring goals and the defense shouldn't be a problem.

I didn't even watch the game on Saturday and now that I know the score, there is no way I am going to. Hard to get in the habit of watching games when they are show so sporadically.

I blame Wang.

Kind of disappointing considering the talent we supposedly have on defense. Here I was at the start of the season talking about how we would have problems scoring goals and the defense shouldn't be a problem.

It's a strange situation because the defenseman are very skilled offensively and is part of the reason for more goal scoring this year, but they also need to be more solid in their main job of playing defense. That said, i just don't care for Connelly, he lets in to many soft goals.

I was at the game on Saturday night and the rebound goal Connelly gave up was just plain painful to watch. The puck plopped right off his chest and landed in front of the goal. Entirely to easy for the Tigers to score. It was made more painful later on when CCs goalie did the same thing and the Badgers weren't able to put the puck in.

The Badgers had a couple opportunities like that on Saturday and just whiffed on the puck. I also remember a situation where somebody had about 1/4 of the net to hit and all the time in the world to shoot and he put it right into the goalie's glove.

This team is tough to watch at times.

If anyone has noticed or not....Elliott got called up by the Sens and has looked pretty good. I know its not current. I always thought he had a chance to be a solid tender in the NHL.
I saw him looking very solid during the Sens-Caps game today. He only allowed two goals against a high powered Caps offense.

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't sure if I'd have better luck posting in this forum or in the trading post, but I'll give this a shot first I guess. Anyways...

I'm looking for tickets for the Saturday, March 7th men's hockey game. It's against ND so I know it might be a tough ticket to get, especially for what I need. I'm basically looking for 6, possibly 8 tickets. I'd like to take my gf, mom and nephews, since they've never been to a game, and the ND games are a fun atmosphere. I checked stubhub but they were 30-ish for 300 level (not counting fees or whatever), not exactly what I was hoping to pay. It'd be nice if they were all together, but I know that's gonna be very tough to come by....so, if we could even get 4 and 4, or 4 and 2 or whatever, we'd have to just make that work too. Can anyone help?

I'd be willing to pay cash of course, but I also have some autographed ROMLbaseballs (Gallardo, Sandberg, Damian Miller, Lorenzo Cain, Cole Gillespie, and some others) and some extra bobbles (Hall, Hardy, Tony Butler, and a couple 25th anniversary 5-inch) that I could work in a trade if need be. Let me know, please!

A split at home sucks. If you want to win the WCHA you need better than splits at home.

Did you see that open net shot missed by i forget who on Saturday night in the 1-0 loss? The Badgers had tons of good scoring chances and couldn't put one in the net while UMD had very few scoring chances, but turned one ugly turnover by us into a goal. Uggggg

Badgers sweep the Goofers. Huge save by Connelly with less than two minutes left to keep the lead. 5-4. Denver was losing by two at last check so if that score holds, Wisconsin is tied for first in the WCHA.

Nothing better than a sweep on the road at Minnesota. Nothing except maybe a national championship. Maybe.

Connelly looked really good for most of the series and completely lost at others. Loose pucks seemed like they was finding Badgers sticks all series. Oh yeah, now we are tied for first place in the WCHA.

I blame Wang.

Was thrilled to see the sweep, but this years Badgers team is torture on my nerves. I've never followed a hockey team that gets me so nervous every time they get a 2-3 goal lead. When they went up 3-0 on Friday, i told my buddy, this game is still going to end up being a nail biter. Right on cue, the Gopher score a few minutes later and then score again to make it 3-2, i was dreading that the team would blow yet another three goal lead.

Great weekend of hockey though, the game on Saturday was as exciting as it gets IMO.

That puts us back into the NCAA tournament picture, but we have to keep winning to keep the status quo.

Not to mention first place tie with Denver heading into a huge weekend series. Anyone know if it's on tv? Quite honestly I'm sick of having to see the Bucks on FSN every weekend.

Archived