Brewer Fanatic

Badger Hockey

logan82
  • Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
Tonight's game was kind of a downer, but at least they managed to get a point!!! The defense looked much better and Connelly had a near-disaster or two but was overall solid. The only disappointment was that the offense was completely flat for the second half of the game. Hopefully they can get win #1 tomorrow...

Its too bad that the NCAA has made college hockey aweful. So many penalties its almost unwatchable. This whole series was spent with one team or the other short handed. Completely riddiculous. Bad calls both ways. Almost 90 minutes in penalties tonight. LET EM PLAY FOR THE LOVE...

Its too bad that the NCAA has made college hockey aweful. So many penalties its almost unwatchable. This whole series was spent with one team or the other short handed. Completely riddiculous. Bad calls both ways. Almost 90 minutes in penalties tonight. LET EM PLAY FOR THE LOVE...

Yep

Zero flow to games, just one power play after another with random short stretches of 5 on 5 hockey

EDIT-- I'd like to see less of Connelly. He's not the only reason for the poor start, but IMO he just allows to many kinda weak goals.

A lot of the penalty time on Saturday night had more to do with the fight than the rule changes. There were 10 guys in the penalty box plus a guy ejected at one point. I have to agree that in general there is almost no flow to the game. In my opinion the players have to adjust.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

A lot of the penalty time on Saturday night had more to do with the fight than the rule changes. There were 10 guys in the penalty box plus a guy ejected at one point. I have to agree that in general there is almost no flow to the game. In my opinion the players have to adjust.
They do, but that's going to take awhile - they've played the other way since they were kids, so to suddenly change the rules is a huge adjustment. It's unlikely that you'll see that adjustment even this season - it's just a lot of years of an ingrained way to play the game - even though they know the rules are different now, the whole thing is instinct, so they're going to have to actually "think" about each and every thing they're doing ahead of time to keep themselves from breaking this new set of rules. It's not going to be quick or easy.

For anyone that watched the game on tv, did the Gopher goal that they kind of bumrushed Connelly look legit? The one they reviewed? I was at the game but they didn't show the replay.
I was there too, but from what I got - the goal came up, so that's why they reviewed it. But the goal was valid before the goal came loose.

For anyone that watched the game on tv, did the Gopher goal that they kind of bumrushed Connelly look legit? The one they reviewed? I was at the game but they didn't show the replay.
I watched it when I got home and it looked like the Gopher hit the puck with his stick. The TV commentators though they might be reviewing it because there was a chance it went of a skate.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

was following along with the update blog for last nights game, had to refresh it a few times to believe that the Badgers down 2-0, scored 3 goals in 1:21 to take the lead, two on the powerplay, then the Badgers added another 2 goals to get their first win of the season 5-2 over North Dakota. Hopefully it gets a new streak started, this time all W's.

I think it's reasonable to hope for a sweep this weekend. The win should give some great momentum. Grotting should be back. M. Tech isn't very good and hopefully last game solved the 3rd period slump they'd been experiencing. Really, over the past 2 seasons, I was always worried about how we'd score goals, but that doesn't seem to be the issue. Hopefully the "skilled on paper" defense can step it up

Archived