Brewer Fanatic

Badger Hockey

logan82
  • Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My college hockey is limited to Alaska. Will the Badgers be favored when they play BC? I need to know how much trash I can talk prior to the championship game http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Probably a slight favorite against Boston College and probably a slight underdog against Miami.

2006 Rematch (pending miracle)! I'm in!

The way BC has taken Miami apart with speed, I think the Badgers would've done the same thing. That said, I'm happy to get the best goaltenders in the country out of the tournament.

Wow, I felt bad for RIT about halfway through the 2nd period. We thoroughly dominated them. I have no idea how they beat Denver. They looked like a team that would be bottom dwellers in the WCHA.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Geoffrion wins the Hobey Baker!!!!
I'm reading that this is the first time a Badger has won this award. I could have sworn a Badger player won a major individual award in college hockey back in 2000-ish. I can remember it pretty vividly, but I don't recall the name of the player nor the name of the award. I was pretty sure the award was named after a person's name, though. Was it maybe a goalie-specific award or something? Am I going crazy? I tried the Interwebs, but didn't find my answer.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Not a great period for Wisconsin. Still, the one goal came on yet another penalty on Mitchell for being too tall, while 4 of the Badger shots required fantastic saves by Muse. Gudmandson really seems to be having trouble seeing for whatever reason, as he has looked like he hasn't seen the puck on 4/5 BC shots so far.

I think I might be too pessimistic to watch hockey. Every time the other team scores I get way too dejected. Same reason I don't necessarily enjoy watching soccer much. The scores are sometimes so rare that it makes even a 1 goal lead seem insurmountable. I know that that isn't the case but I can't help feeling like that whenever I watch a hockey or soccer game. So now the next 2 periods seem like they will be a slow march to an inevitable loss and I don't really want to keep watching. However, I know the Badgers have some come from behind wins this year, even against good teams, so I don't really know why I'm so fatalistic about this.

Tigers baseball literally feet away from Ford field tonight as well? Who was the genius that scheduled that?

I'm sure parking/traffic are wonderful in Detroit tonight....

The Tigers game has been over for awhile. Also, I thought I heard that they were only expecting to fill Ford Field halfway, which would mean there is probably a lot of empty parking versus what it looks like during a Lions game.

Also, I thought I heard that they were only expecting to fill Ford Field halfway, which would mean there is probably a lot of empty parking versus what it looks like during a Lions game.

While true, Comerica Park and Ford Field likely share their parking, so the Tigers crowd was probably leaving at almost exactly the time the hockey crowd was arriving, hence my point.

Archived