Brewer Fanatic

Badger Hockey

logan82
  • Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully Brett Bennett doesn't see the ice anymore this season. The Badgers dominated AA before and can hopefully do it again. I'm really excited about this team. They can play with anyone. I think anything short of the Frozen Four is a disappointment.

Yep.....a pretty good start to the playoffs. Although in the paper this morning, it sounds like the players were pretty mad for going 0-8 on the power play. I expect them to win again tonight and move on.

Hopefully our guys stay away from #9 and #16. Those two are a pair of goons who were trying to start fights the entire game, and we dont need anyone (Blake G!) getting suspended for next weekend

Badgers are playing Denver in the WCHA third place game right now and up 3-0 about 12 minutes in.

If they hold on, I wonder how this would effect the PWR. Wisconsin would be 2-0-1 against Denver this year.

So chances are we probably have to go out East? That sucks. Denver will probably get the West bracket in Minneapolis and Miami will probably get the Midwest bracket in Fort Wayne. That leaves Albany or Worcester for Wisconsin.

Wow! I didn't think they would get the West. Since Denver was ahead, I figured they would get the West and we would get the East or Northeast.

Don't know much about Northern Michigan, but St. Cloud State scares me. So go Northern Michigan, assuming the Badgers can get past Vermont of course.

Also, if the Badgers win their bracket, they would get the winner of the East bracket for the first Frozen Four game which will be either Denver, RIT, Cornell or New Hampshire.

His (Garrett Roe) injury ended up being just a stiff neck, was a game time decision not to play in the WCHA final. Coach said he expects him back next weekend.

That all said, we're still 0-forever in the NCAA tournament...you might be better off worrying about Northern Michigan.

That all said, we're still 0-forever in the NCAA tournament...you might be better off worrying about Northern Michigan.

SCSU has a really good team this year, and could easily get to the title game, if they play up to potential. Sure they lost to some bad teams, but that's gonna happen. I fully expect SCSU and UW to meet in the regional Final, and it should be a real good game.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

SCSU has a really good team this year, and could easily get to the title game, if they play up to potential. Sure they lost to some bad teams, but that's gonna happen. I fully expect SCSU and UW to meet in the regional Final, and it should be a real good game.

Even the Vermont game scares me a bit simply because any one and done format in college hockey is dangerous. It's a low scoring game usually and a hot goalie any given day can steal a win for an inferior team. Have one of those say 42 to 21 shots on goal advantages, but still lose 2-1.

That said, a UW vs SCSU sure looks to be the most likely scenario and we should be the favorite. My biggest worry about advancing to the Finals or winning the title is goalie. Gudmanson is a solid goalie, but he's not skilled enough that he's going to steal a game for UW often if the offense struggles to put pucks in the net.

Archived