Brewer Fanatic

Badger Hockey

logan82
But...St. Cloud is not a state! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
You know, I never understood this one. However, that didn't stop me from starting it in the second deck of the student section earlier this evening. Had a great time and let it all out in our last home game.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My response to that one has always been "neither is Canada!" Who says it has to make sense?

When they did "gopher rejects" for the first time, a UW fan sitting behind me said "you know, you could say the same thing about Wisconsin". I lolled.

Good point, which brings me to a conversation I had with the people around me on Friday night when the "gopher rejects" chant started. Several people were wondering what other schools chant against us......

A lot of people thought it was probably gopher rejects...... So you are not alone in thinking this way.

Luckily we have been better than Minnesota the last few years

The first period last night was the best all-around period of hockey I've seen at the Kohl Center from both sides. The Badger Power Play was so pretty, even if it didn't net a goal.

Some other games have had more energy or better crowds, but the product on the ice was just great. Both teams came out on fire and it was very cool to watch.

Two of the SCSU goals were flukes, so I'm pretty happy with Gudy's second-start-in-a-row performance.

Geoffrion scored his 100th point. He's averaging just under 1.5 points a game this year, which is just nuts.

Worst band move ever happened last night - they tried to chance up the damn post-goal SIEVE cheer. I mean, are you kidding me? They were screwing with tempo and it was BS

Got the win last night and need to get another one tonight. No reason to lose to such a terrible team. Hopefully they finish strong and can get a #1 seed in one of the NCAA regionals.

On a side note, I was wondering if anyone knew of any good, up to date websites that talk about college hockey recruiting. I can't find anything.

Badgers earn the Easy sweep for the weekend! Nice work Needmorefans! (He drove the 6+ hours up there)

One more tough weekend ahead, at Minnesota, next weekend. It looks like UW will be the #2 seed for the WCHA tourney and it is really beginning to look like they have earned a #1 seed for the NCAA tourney.

Go Bucky

How are they not going to televise either of the Minnesota games this weekend? What a joke. I have this FSN alternate channel where I get to watch Minnesota play just about everyone, but when it comes to Wisconsin not only will FSN not televise it (thanks again Milwaukee Bucks), but the Big 10 channel would rather show women's college basketball. I have really, really had issues with FSN's television schedule for Wisconsin hockey this season.

How are they not going to televise either of the Minnesota games this weekend? What a joke. I have this FSN alternate channel where I get to watch Minnesota play just about everyone, but when it comes to Wisconsin not only will FSN not televise it (thanks again Milwaukee Bucks), but the Big 10 channel would rather show women's college basketball. I have really, really had issues with FSN's television schedule for Wisconsin hockey this season.

Well, Friday night the Big 10 network will show a replay of the hockey game at 10 pm. So just make a point to not know the score and you can watch it as if it was live. That said, i agree that it blows how few games have been on this year.

Someone told me they have a big figure skating thing going on. Honestly.....I wouldnt make that up! And yes, I also heard it was a big snafu.....

Its kind of a bummer that their game is at 1pm Sunday. The Badger men's hoops team plays at the same time. Going to have to set the second screen up I guess!

Go Bucky

I am watching the replay on the Big Ten network after already knowing they won.......Gotta love that........

However, if I were a Gopher fan, I would be pissed! The goal they took away from UM......still trying to figure out how that guy could be ruled "in the crease." He had part of one foot......some goals the goalie is being hit. But hey, I am a Badger guy so tough luck golden rodents.....

There were some major-league hits in this game tonight. Overall, a very entertaining game. And the Badgers did clinch the #2 seed in the WCHA tourney, which is awesome. Lets hope this carries over into the big tourney that starts in a few weeks.....

Go Bucky!

Update:

Tonight's game was at the Target center (Its first hockey games in almost 10 years!) because of a scheduling flaw - UM had a national synchronized figure skating event. No lie - I found this tonight in the Wisconsin State Journal.

Go ahead everyone.......this deserves your jeers!

Figure skating again bumps hockey. I thought the Olympics were over for the next 3 years and all I had to worry about was the idiots at BTN(women's basketball, seriously?) programing and the Bucks bumping Badger hokey and the Brewers.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

However, if I were a Gopher fan, I would be pissed! The goal they took away from UM......still trying to figure out how that guy could be ruled "in the crease." He had part of one foot......some goals the goalie is being hit. But hey, I am a Badger guy so tough luck golden rodents.....
To be fair, Minnesota never should've gotten that breakaway on their first goal. That puck came out of the zone, was brought back into the zone, went back out and then a pass was whiffed on which led to the breakaway. It should've been whistled offsides when it was brought back into the zone.

Patrick Johnson scores the first goal....knocking it into his own net. Ugh..... 1-0 Gophers after one period.

It would certainly help the chances at a title if Johnson or Mitchell could come out of their season-long slumps.

------

Update after 2 periods...Gophers 4, UW 1. 5 straight power-plays for UM leads to 3 more goals. Bennett struggling, however, this game has gotten majorly physical and the badgers are getting called for it. Very ugly, nasty play. Having Minnesota announcers does not help the overall watching experiance......

Wow, what a forgettable game. Hopefully we don't get to many suspensions out of this game.

Yeah the Minnesota announcers are really annoying. This game is pretty near unwatchable at this point.

and with that I am done watching. 6-1

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Figure skating again bumps hockey. I thought the Olympics were over for the next 3 years and all I had to worry about was the idiots at BTN(women's basketball, seriously?) programing and the Bucks bumping Badger hokey and the Brewers.
Yeah, seriously. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

A thread at Badger Nation actually discusses the *lack* of women's basketball on BTN. Keep in mind this was the conference tournament this past weekend. Being a signature event you know BTN will broadcast it. A good showing by the Badgers.

Archived