Brewer Fanatic

Badger Hockey

logan82
I didn't catch why the penalty shot was awarded.
Someone other than the goalie (it looked like McDonagh to me) covered the puck in the crease and then threw it out. I didn't catch it watching live, but it's pretty clear when you focus in on the player as he clearly covers the puck and then takes his left hand and throws it out.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw something tonight I had never seen, after Mankato took their second or third late or cheap penalty in a row......

Our seats are directly behind the opponent's bench, a pair of rows up, and half-way through the 3rd period, Geffrion skated in front of the Mankato Bench and was yelling at their coach to, in not very good language, knock the cheap head-hunting penalties off. Their coach said nothing, but you could tell it fired MSU up. The last ten minutes of the game were very physical, and really, dominated by MSU. UW did hold them off, which although scary, was good to see.

After the game, both teams captains exchanged some not so good language, followed by both teams coaches standing and swearing at each other. Saturday is looking to be a great big battle!

A sweep next week against St. Cloud would be huge.

No doubt, but i'll take three points

One think i hope though is we've seen the last of Bennett in the net except for maybe playing in one of the Michigan Tech games to rest Gudmandson. From that point on, Gudmandson should be able to handle playing each game. He's clearly our best goalie and each game is huge from her on out.

One think i hope though is we've seen the last of Bennett in the net

except for maybe playing in one of the Michigan Tech games to rest

Gudmandson. From that point on, Gudmandson should be able to handle

playing each game. He's clearly our best goalie and each game is huge

from her on out.

Eaves has to go with Gudmandson from here on out. He needs to have a goalie established for the tournaments. I think Bennett is still getting time because both will be on the team next year as well.

After a night of sleep, still disappointed. Team played bad. Band played bad.....they changed their normal song routine for a bunch of new ones, and the crowd was not in to it. Camera guys were bad too.....they continued to show a young lady wearing way too much red lipstick.....it looked bad, and they showed her on the big screen probably 10 different times.

Frustrated! St Cloud fans chanted "over-rated" loud enough at the end of the game that it was easy to hear.

We need a win. I need them to win! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Well I am feeling much better tonight. Seeing Captain Blake G go down with an elbow to the head is a bit scary, but other than that, a great game. When UW takes a loss on a Friday, they need to stomp em on Saturday.

Dont like Goody giving up 8 goals for the weekend......but St Cloud does have a great offense.

Archived