Brewer Fanatic

Badger Hockey

logan82
  • Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the radio on to follow the women's game, but we can hear the goal horn from inside our house. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Edit: 4-0 UW women after two periods. I wonder if there will be an "ice cream goal"? and if there is, who will want to head right over to Culver's for a frozen custard?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

What I'd like to see replayed is that triple overtime game with Cornell in 2006 that put the Badgers in the Frozen Four. Preferably with Brian Posick's radio call.

Wisconsin women 5, Bemidji State 0. Over the radio I heard someone shout "Ice cream!" And the fans are chanting "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, we want more." http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Edit: Women's final is 6-1.

What I'd like to see replayed is that triple overtime game with Cornell in 2006 that put the Badgers in the Frozen Four. Preferably with Brian Posick's radio call.

Not the whole game, but

is on youtube with Posick's call.

I remember watching that game. Elliott made some crazy saves in that one.

Not the whole game, but
is on youtube with Posick's call.
Oh, that'll do. Thanks. That game-ending call for Posick and Andringa was as epic as the game.

Come on, Badgers, I want to hear another goal horn from our house!

Edit: 55,031 at the Camp Randall Hockey Classic - second largest hockey crowd ever.

Seeing that many people at the stadium at night, for something not football, reminds me of that 2000 welcome home for the Final Four Badgers.

Big goal! Brendan Smith ties it up 10 seconds into the power play. 5:32 to go.
http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

The radio call is a few seconds behind, but I didn't need to hear Brian Posick because the horn noise reached our block. One, two - we want more! (for red)

Woo! Nice goal by the Badgers. Wow, the Wolverines had a breakaway but blew it. Phew.

I don't watch a lot of hockey but it's seemed like the Wolverines are the better team. Hopefully the Badgers can hang on for this last 40 seconds.

Community Moderator

Just got back from the game (it's only a 2 block walk for me).

We had seats in row 57 and could see all the action just fine. The crowd was quiet early but really got into the game in the 3rd period. They also played "Jump Around" which helped fire up the crowd. Overall, it was a great time. I highly recommend outdoor hockey games, it was lots of fun and I'm sure that most people who went would go again if they played again in a few years. Maybe try Miller Park next time?

We had an absolute BLAST at the game. It didn't look like UW played that well at all, but they still came away with a big W. We all got really annoyed with Michigan's goalie asking for maintenance around the goal the whole game. Oh well...

To be fair, I would've asked for maintenance too. The crease was terrible. Just a sloppy mess with water and snow all over the place.

Michigan asked that they switch sides halfway through the third so they would have equal amounts of time in the bad area, Wisconsin declined.

Archived