Brewer Fanatic

4/20/06 Reds (Williams) @ Brewers (Ohka), 7:05 PM CST

Brewer Fever

I still think that Doug Melvin and Dan Kolb were in cahoots.

Doug: "Okay Dan, here's the deal. We're looking for another strong young pitching prospect, and the Braves just happen to have what we're looking for. Now, when we trade you to Atlanta, we want you to suddenly go to crap. And when they try to get rid of you at the end of the year, we'll pick you up again."

Dan: "Well, but what's in it for me?"

Doug: "How about, when you come back, we give you more money than you could possibly be worth. Sound good?"

Dan: "It's a deal."

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really don't think anyone needs to worry about Prince not being in the lineup tonight. He has started vs. other lefties this year on several occasions. I think the decision last night was based on a combination of factors, including Pettite is a tougher lefty, Prince hadn't had a day off in a while and it was getaway day, and Cirillo had absolutely killed Pettite in his career. Factor in that Yost needs to get Hall at bats at 3B when he can and JJ and Rickie had just gotten days off, and Prince was the odd man out. BTW, Cirillo went 3 for 5 last night and Prince had a PH double, so I don't know what the big deal is.

Spivey for Ohka was one helluva deal, too... essentially we traded Wes Obermueller for Capellan and rented Kolb to the Braves for the worst year of his career. Not bad http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

No - he's pulled off a lot of gems so far.

The Sexson deal got us six guys, most of whom I can't remember anymore, and a bunch of whom have been turned back around, but Cappy remains.

There was Podsednik and Vizcaino for Lee.

Overbay and a minor-leaguer for Bush, Jackson and Gross.

A package of brats and a bottle of Secret Stadium Sauce for Corey Koskie at half price.

Spivey for Ohka.

I predict that by the deadline we move Zach Jack to #5 and deal Ohka. I expect we'll get another blockbuster deal for that one, too.

Quote:
i am sure hall will be in there

I sure hope so!

Against the Reds...

AB R H 2B+3B HR RBI BB AVG OBP SLG OPS 2005 53 9 17 7 2 7 8 .321 .410 .604 1.014 2004 54 9 17 4 3 13 6 .315 .393 .556 .949 

Pretty darn consistent between the two years. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Hopefully he has the Reds number again this year. It will be tough to see him sit the bench at all this series....

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Speaking of the Carlos trade.

It just goes to show you how good DM is.

First he trades Richie and in the long run gets this in return:

Chris Capuano

Gabe Gross

Zach Jackson

Dave Bush

Jorge de la Rosa

Tomo Ohka

Chad Moeller

Can you believe that? I'm sure you can...

Then, he trades for a player named Carlos Lee.

Sure, we all love Richie, but Lee's numbers are not that far off of Sexsons. I'm not gonna get down and dirty with the stats, but value wise, these players are pretty close.

What does DM give up for Carlos? A leadoff hitter and a solid-at-best reliever. It worked out great for the white sox, they didn't need a power hitter, they needed speed. But talk about being in the right place at the right time for DM.

Milwaukee

B. Clark, CF

J. Hardy, SS

G. Jenkins, RF

C. Lee, LF

B. Hall, 3B

R. Weeks, 2B

P. Fielder, 1B

D. Miller, C

T. Ohka, P

Cincinatti

R. Freel, CF

F. Lopez, SS

S. Hatteberg, 1B

A. Dunn, LF

A. Kearns, RF

J. Valentin, C

E. Encarnacion, 3B

B. Phillips, 2B

D. Williams, P

I get a short run today due to the Brewer win yesterday, so I'll be back in mid 3rd inning, just in time to watch the Reds pitcher get yanked! ERA's at 8 make me salivate!

Brewers will Batter Bad pitching!

could be a rough first. Ohka seems to be throwing alright, but a seeing eye single, a single because of the confusion speed can cause

although now a DP. They got the run, but I think we'll get a few

Archived