Brewer Fanatic

4/20/06 Reds (Williams) @ Brewers (Ohka), 7:05 PM CST

Brewer Fever
Quote:
Well, thats where youth comes into play. Tough situations like that you have to rely on 22 and 23 year olds to get the job done. It's not the ideal type of situation to be in for a playoff-contending team.

Agreed. That's why he should probably stay where he is in the order. I too wish there was someone more consistent than Jenkins to hit #3. Perhaps Weeks profiles nicely there down the road, but there again, he's a youngster.

Imagine what a guy like Troy Glaus would look like in the 3 hole in Milwaukee? That would have been nice, but probably not at the horrible contract the Jays gave him.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[ Clutch hitting from our 4-8 batters tonight. That's good to see our '05 automatic outs really coming through for us lately. Prince is showing me and hopefully Ned that the time is now to move him into the 3 spot and put Jenks back at 5 where he seems more comfortable. ]

Have it your way. I guess you're on "troll watch", then.

And I agree with your comments right here. Troy Glaus looks like a glamorous signing but he is hardly consistent and really isn't the type of guy who can carry a team on his shoulders and expect a great AVG or OPS from. Plus, with his injury history and the fact he really has had only 1 fully healthy season in the last 3 years, it wouldn't bode well in Melvin's "low-risk" type of player acquisitions he typically desires.

Quote:
And I agree with your comments right here. Troy Glaus looks like a glamorous signing but he is hardly consistent and really isn't the type of guy who can carry a team on his shoulders and expect a great AVG or OPS from. Plus, with his injury history and the fact he really has had only 1 fully healthy season in the last 3 years, it wouldn't bode well in Melvin's "low-risk" type of player acquisitions he typically desires.

I'm just going to keep hoping that Adam Heether or Ryan Braun drink some "Pujolsaid", come up at mid season and immediatly rake. Unfortunately, it always seems to be teams like the Cardinals that get those type of breaks.

Demaria did a solid job in the last two innings. Granted his other outing didn't go so well. But he was far more impressive than Adams. I still don't understand why Adams was brought in with the bases loaded, why not Capellan or Wise. If you are going to bring in your worst reliever, you might as well just leave JDLR in the game.

Well, you quoted my comments about waiting to see a positive comment from you and replied with a negative comment, as to mock me. So, I guess that makes me think you're a troll. The ball's in your court (wrong sports metaphor, I know).

You must be really looking to pinpoint me. Did I get under your skin that badly? Sometimes the truth hurts. If you go back and read the comment I wrote, it was a POSITIVE comment. I commented how well Prince was hitting and actually how well the 4-8 hitters have been. If you're trying to spin my words, that's your problem. Take a chill pill and remember that not everything is meant as sarcasm.

I can't help but be very disappointed about tonights loss. It just always seems that we only have pitching going or hitting. Never both at the same time. I guess it is just frustrating. Especially with Lee out for the cubs. I would really like the Brewers to take some steps forward. I know it's early, again just frustrating.

Quote:
Well, you quoted my comments about waiting to see a positive comment from you and replied with a negative comment, as to mock me. So, I guess that makes me think you're a troll. The ball's in your court (wrong sports metaphor, I know).

Hmm, either you misread his comment or I did. Isn't he being sincere when he said Prince was improving and needed to be moved back up to 5th? (His comment was before Prince struckout, so I don't think it was sarcasm.) And since our 4-8 hitters went 10 for 23 tonight, I assumed he wasn't mocking at all with the clutch comment either.

But maybe I'm seeing something out of context. If so, sorry....

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Archived