Brewer Fanatic

4/20/06 Reds (Williams) @ Brewers (Ohka), 7:05 PM CST

Brewer Fever
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's that pitching chart fixed up a bit:

IP H R ER BB K HR Season ERA T. Ohka 4.0 8 6 4 4 3 1 4.09 J. Lehr 1.0 1 1 1 0 2 1 1.59 J. de la Rosa 0.2 1 3 3 2 2 0 9.45 M. Adams 0.1 1 2 2 1 0 1 20.25

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Is anyone else a little worried about the bullpen? Helling and Kolb are hurt, Wise pitches every other day, and Lehr, JDLR, Cappellan, etc. are an absolute crapshoot. In other words, if our pitching rotation for a game doesn't go starting pitcher, Wise, Turnbow then I'm worried.

Geez, first it was the hitting that stunk and now the pen, I guess that means we know whats gonna go next.

[ Absolutely not. I would like to be positive. But when the team plays like this and our pitching is absolutely embarrassing, where is the silver lining of positive thoughts? Ask Mike Adams if he can think of anything positive to say right now. ]

Is it just coincidence then that you show up only when bad things happen?

Quote:
Is anyone else a little worried about the bullpen? Helling and Kolb are hurt, Wise pitches every other day, and Lehr, JDLR, Cappellan, etc. are about as an absolute crapshoot. In other words, if our pitching rotation for a game doesn't go starting pitcher, Wise, Turnbow then I'm worried.

I see what you are saying, but I doubt there is a team in the majors that is totally happy with its pen. It would definitely be nice to have a Ray King or the good version of Luis Vizciano out there, though. The only pitchers I'm not worried about out there are Sheets and Turnbow. Everyone else has been quite suspect.

I think the Brewers moved Prince down to 7th because they felt he was putting too much pressure on himself in the 5th spot to begin the season. I have no problem with him down there. It adds more balance to the lineup. Plus, much less pressure on the 21 year old hitting 7th.

That said, if Hall and Koskie continue to be black holes in the 5th spot, there may be little choice but to move Prince back up.

I don't think so. I think that more bad things have been happening over the course of the last week than good things, so the chances of me showing up during the bad times increases exponentially as the team performs terribly. When your pitching is as bad as ours and can't keep the team in a game, I want to know what "good" someone can find in that. Please enlighten me if you can find something. As bad as this staff is, I don't see us anywhere near .500 this season. I'm sure a lot of people (not in a Brewers chat room) would think I'm the "voice of reason." Think about it.

[ I don't think so. I think that more bad things have been happening over the course of the last week than good things, so the chances of me showing up during the bad times increases exponentially as the team performs terribly. ]

I'm not talking about just this week. I'm talking about your entire "lifespan" here at Brewerfan.net. What gives?

Does anyone else dislike 4 game series? Maybe this is just speaking from a Brewers point of view (i.e. a losing point of view over the years), but it seems nearly impossible to win a 4 game series. Especially if you lose the first game, the best you can hope for is a split. Maybe it's just becasue I'm looking at this series thinking if we lose tonight we've got no chance to win the next three.

Don't know the point of this post, just thought I'd share. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/embarassed.gif

I don't understand how you can qualify my entire posting history in a statement like that. I bet the majority of my posts have been encouraging posts about the Brewers. First of all, I'm a Brewers fan and shouldn't have to defend that point. Secondly, if someone speaks negatively about the team, it's as if blasphemy is occurring. Please. Wake up and realize that dissention is the key to good banter. That's why so many of the posters on here dislike Peter Brown. He openly says that Brewers fans except mediocrity and criticizes Attanasio for only having brought on Carlos Lee as his only true big money acquisition. Why not spend the money to get a Hernandez or Molina he says. He's right. Why can't people look beyond all the bells and whistles and see that there could have been improvements made in the bullpen (ie. a Howry or Eyre) type of signing. This is after all brewerfan.net NOT allpositivenomatterwhat.net.

[ I bet the majority of my posts have been encouraging posts about the Brewers. ]

I'll be looking forward to seeing some of them when the Brewers are winning, then.

[ Wake up and realize that dissention is the key to good banter. ]

This is the kind of crap i'm talking about. "Wake up"? It's one thing to dissent, but it's another thing to talk down to people like that.

Archived