Brewer Fanatic

Brewers look to have new scoreboard/updated audio system for 2010

fondybrewfan
No kidding, pitchleague. My first thought upon seeing the screen grab a couple of posts up was, "Too much clutter!" If that much information is on the scoreboard at once, it could be quite a distraction.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

For those concerned about the tax money used for a new scoreboard and other improvements, this was included in the original costs for building the park. They planned to replace the scoreboard at some point and included x dollars to do so. The Brewers have chosen to exceed the amount funded by the tax so they are kicking in the difference. There may be a similar provision for the sound system, though I'm not sure about that.

I like the look of the Arizona scoreboard. Baseball is a game of numbers so give me as much information as possible.

I've disliked the sound system since Miller Park was built, so I'm glad they're improving it. A new scoreboard seems a bit frivolous, but I was impressed with the scoreboard at Nationals Park, which I believe is HD.

My wife brought up an interesting point at the last game we attended at Miller Park: There is no scoreboard that simply displays the score. Yes, there is the R/H/E listing in a few places, but many people and kids have no interest in reading those stats. They need a basic sign that says something like "Brewers: 5 Visitors: 1".

There is no scoreboard that simply displays the score. Yes, there is the R/H/E listing in a few places, but many people and kids have no interest in reading those stats. They need a basic sign that says something like "Brewers: 5 Visitors: 1".
I hope this doesn't sound condensending, but couldn't they just look at the "R/H/E" scoreboards and ignore the "H/E" if they are not interested in those stats?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

There is no scoreboard that simply displays the score. Yes, there is the R/H/E listing in a few places, but many people and kids have no interest in reading those stats. They need a basic sign that says something like "Brewers: 5 Visitors: 1".
I hope this doesn't sound condensending, but couldn't they just look at the "R/H/E" scoreboards and ignore the "H/E" if they are not interested in those stats?

Let me rephrase that... The score isn't obvious to people who don't even know about the R/H/E columns. Whether or not they're interested in those stats, it's still difficult to read for people who don't follow baseball as close as I do. Basically, kids (and my wife) probably just see a bunch of numbers and have a hard time discerning which ones are the actual score.

Wait.. I thought in 2006 they were saying that income isn't keeping up to pace and that the tax may last longer then 2014. Does this mean we magically found 5.5 million dollars or does this mean they aren't going to sunset the tax?
this was brought up again earlier this year, and that announcement was followed some time later by an announcement that the stadium tax had its most "profitable" month ever. that story didnt get quite as much coverage.

that story didnt get quite as much coverage.

If it bleeds, it leads. No one reports that 95-97% of mortgages are fine, for example.

I'm not a believer in many forms of higher taxes, but I wish the state would employ some 0.1%, or heck, even some 0.01% additions to the sales tax and use the money for state parks, forests, campgrounds, clean lake programs, fish stocking, and basically anything that leads to tourism dollars. Consumption tax is not only very fair, but also hardly noticeable to the consumer...and everyone pays 'em, tourists, illegals, drug dealers, etc.

Of course, getting those passed might be a battle. Ask George Petak.

Archived