Brewer Fanatic

4/21/06 Reds (Arroyo) @ Brewers (Sheets), 7:05 PM CST

wOOgiE22
Badgerfan, how was Bush "less than sharp" in his last start? He's had one great start, a terrible start, and a solid QS start. The Reds are tough but I think Bush or Doug can get us at least one.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Listen to you guys...all this negativity. You guys shouldn't care that we lost 9 of the last 12. You should be all positive 24/7 and think about all the good things (Ben Sheets....churp, churp)....that we accomplished tonight. I can't take all this pessimistic chat.

This is too funny. First guy you go after is Moeller. Billy Hall had a hell of a game, outstanding RISP at bats. Our stud three hitter hitting .250 with 3 jacks. Moeller shouldn't be getting dogged there's plenty of other guys who didn't show.

Seriously though, how much of the fault lies on Ned Yost for the downward spiral we've been in for the last few weeks? Is it really bad managing or just poor execution from the pitching staff and hitting when it counts?

I think that it is the latter. We just don't ever seem to come clutch (unless Gabe Gross is pinch hitting) and it just seems like these losses are carrying over to the next game. A series like this at home your goal should be to take 3 games. Now everything has to go right for us to just gain a split. Something's not right here. I personally think that in the second half, we'll start to come together much like the Astros did last year to make their post-season run. My only fear is that losing too many of these kind of games this early in the season may put us too far behind the eight-ball in our comeback efforts when the season hits its grind in July and August.

Quote:
i fell bad for the 29825 who were there tonight

Thank you, I count as 1 of the 29,000+.

The last game I attended was the 7-0 shutout to Arizona, the game that gave us our first loss of the season. Now tonight I attend the game where we score 1 stinkin' run and fall below .500 for the first time all season. I'm thinking I shoould stay far, far away from Miller Park. Not only do they lose whenever I go, it's almost always very boring and very ugly.

[ I am so sick of this. This team does everything in its power to lose games. ]

Don't be so mellodramatic. They could easily have forfeited and spared us the agony. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Hey, I was able to squeeze two episodes of House in during the game. It looks like I was the big winner tonight.

The last three games i've been to at Miller park have all been extremely boring... I don't think I can go anymore... for the good of the franchise.

The only good that came from tonight is that I got Billy Hall's and Jorge's autograph before the game I guess...

[ Yost will always have a place in his heart for crappy white backup catchers.

STUPID. ]

So through yesterday our favorite whipping boy is actually hitting .333/.429/.500, and now we've picked him to be the game's scapegoat?

On any other given day, i'd be down for some "bad Chad" bashing, but there's plenty of ass-hattery to go around today.

Hey look on the bright side guys...at least those of us at the game got $1 hot dogs! (as was promoted by the shirtless bunch in the front row in the left field bleachers)

As frustrated as I am with the team so far...I strangely am extremely optimistic that things will start falling into place very soon...and when they do, watch out.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Quote:
So Ned won't even pinch hit for Moeller in the bottom of the 9th?

It's become obvious that Ned won't pinch hit for either catcher. He does not want to play a game with no catcher on the bench. This should not surprise people at this point.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Sorry to split hairs but didn't Chad pinch hit for the pitcher and stay in as part of a double switch? Technically not pinch hitting for the catcher. That said you are right the idea that he always saves the back-up in case of injury or the like is not 100%.

Anyone else have a bad feeling about the rest of this series?

I certainly understand the feeling, but the optimistic, Brewer goggle-wearing, homer in me refuses to allow me to believe they have little chance, regardless of the evidence confronting me.

You haven't had a man in scoring position all night, you are in the bottom fo the 7th, so your catcher may not even bat again, Moeller is a career .231 hitter no matter how well he is doing so far this year, on teh becnh you have Cirillo and Clark both guys who will likely hit .280 or so this year. I don't blame Moeller for not coming through because while he could, it isn't to be expected. But I do blame the manager for not giving the team its best shot by getting his best average hitters a chance to get a base hit.

You haven't had a man in scoring position all night, you are in the bottom fo the 7th, so your catcher may not even bat again, Moeller is a career .231 hitter no matter how well he is doing so far this year, on teh becnh you have Cirillo and Clark both guys who will likely hit .280 or so this year.

Yet Clark is in a slump right now, and Cirillo hasn't been able to hit right-handed pitching in over 5 years. I don't have much of a problem with Moeller hitting there.

Whenever we lose the same people come out and blame yost. Please go away. We scored 1 run on a lead off homerun. This was not yost's fault. Find something else to complain about besides not pinch hitting for moeller. Cirillo and Brady are not exactly mind blowing options compared to moeller so there is no point here.

Just for the record, Cirillo pinch hit for Sheets in the 8th (he struckout) and wasn't available. Weeks, Clark, and Miller were. As was pointed out Moeller has been decent lately, so he probably deserved an opportunity. Down by two runs, however, Weeks or Clark probably had a better chance of getting on base. Then at least you bring the tieing run to the plate for the pinch hitter in the pitcher's spot.

Archived