Brewer Fanatic

04/22/2006 Reds (Claussen) @ Brewers (Bush) 1:05 PM, CST

JoeH33

Brandon Claussen - (1-1, 3.18 )

http://www.cincinnati.com/spotlite/claussen_qanda.jpg

Claussen's Splits vs. Milwaukee

Claussen is coming off the best of his three outings this season. The left-hander pitched seven scoreless innings Monday in Cincinnati's 9-1 win over the Marlins at Great American Ball Park. He allowed five hits and two walks while striking out seven. He was winless against the Brewers last season, going 0-3 with a 6.23 ERA in five starts. His ERA at Miller Park in four games lifetime is 8.64.

@

Dave Bush - (1-1, 5.21)

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2006/03/13/URwpUtm6.jpg

Bush's Splits vs. Cincinnatti

Bush has surrendered 17 hits in his last two starts but 14 have been singles. Bush scattered nine hits in his most recent start at Houston, including a Morgan Ensberg game-tying homer, but limited the damage to three runs without walking a batter. He was in line for his second win before the Astros rallied in the seventh against Matt Wise.

Media Coverage

TV - No TV

Radio - AM 620 WTMJ

Online - MLB.com Gameday, ESPN.com Gamecast

Reds Fan Site

RedsZone.com

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really worried about this one...Teams have been hitting it hard off of Bush, and with the Reds hot lineup and a day game (roof open?) at Miller Park, they could be spraying hits left and right.

That said, its time for Weeks to finally drill one and get this homestand back on the right track...It would be a pity to fall behind 3-0 against who we all thought would be the NL Central punching bag.

Not to sound overly dramatic here, but if the Brewers don't win today I think a lot of people are gonna be turned off by this team. I'm not talking about the die-hards on this board, but all the people who took notice of the 5-0 start to watch this team go 3-10 after that.

I can't tell you how many people I've heard saying "same old Brewers" or "until they actually start winning I could care less" over the last few week. A decent crowd last night saw and absolute dud of game for the Crew. There's gonna be a huge crowd at the game today and if the Brewers don't turn it around, a lot of people will leave Miller Park today with the same bad taste in their mouth's as they've experienced with the last 15 years of bad baseball.

Anytime the Brewers lose, they take a hit in the casual fan crowd. I don't see how this game has more significence to them than last night's game, when the Brewers went below .500 for the first time this year.

If the Brewers are 5 games over in July, the casual an will notice.

Quote:
If the Brewers are 5 games over in July, the casual an will notice.

True, but it is much easier to be 5 games over .500 in July if you don't spend the majority of April, May, and June several games under .500.

Nothing like a Saturday Brewer game not being televised so that FSN can show "This is the PGA Tour."

Our TV contract is a joke. I can understand being preempted for the Bucks on Thursday even if I didn't agree with that, but this is absurd.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Prince is batting 5th.

Clark CF

Hardy SS

Jenkins RF

Lee LF

Fielder 1B

Hall 3B

Weeks 2B

Miller C

Bush P

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived