Brewer Fanatic

The CC Watch... Latest: Who knows?

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well hopefully we are off the hook then. I still think whoever signs CC will regret it in a couple years. Although I was hoping he would go to a California team instead of the evil empire. I guess in the end all I want is for these shenanigans to be over and CC not end up with the Cubs.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I can't even keep up with TH on these rumors. It's almost annoying that every rumor is being thrown onto the JS blog, just to let us know there's rumors.

So, now TH sounds like he's all in on the latest rumor from Newsday, but in the posting just previous to that, he called out a rumor that was earlier attributed to Newsday, as flatly wrong. How does the late breaking one have more credibility then, when it flies in the face of pretty much every rumor so far?

Curious what everyone thinks... Does DM really think CC's agent is ever going to tell him he can give up hope? Would CC really take less money even by $1.00 to play in Milwaukee than NY? I think they are just stringing Doug along so the Yankees up their offer. If the money was the same would CC pick Milwaukee over NY?

I think this guy is a Favre and is loving the spotlight and having a hard time figuring out where to go and what he is going to do after he signs and he isnt the top story any more.

I don't know about this... Clearly, CC is trying to gain leverage by keeping as many teams in the mix as possible. CC has earned this attention with his great year last year, I don't blame him for wanting to maximize on his performance.

I think most of this is more due to every blog/website trying to outscoop the other. 15 years ago we would have been content with daily or even weekly updates, but nowadays we require almost hourly updates as to where everything stands.

Tom H Reports that Cashman is flying to SF to try and convince Mrs CC on New York (despite Macha's continued optimism):

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/35844834.html

Guess my take about this is different from Tom H. I think the Yankees are getting very nervous about losing in the CC sweepstakes, as such Cashman is rushing over to CC's home to sweet talk the Sabathia family and probably sweeten their offer as well.

If Melvin would just find a way to resign Sheets things would be fine. Of course Melvin has insulted Sheets by not even negotiating so Sheets will probably be on his way to ny as well now. I guess its time for more dumpster diving while the cubs get Peavy for scraps. Thanks alot Melvin for ruining our team.

Thanks alot Melvin for ruining our team.

I understand that you are a bit emotional, but HOLY JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS, BATMAN!

Didn't Melvin, with the help of Jack Z and a few others, you know, BUILD this team? I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I too, will be upset if the Cubs get Peavy for the absolute garbage they are offering, although it will be nice to not have to hear about Felix Pie and Cedeno being "top tier" trade chips anymore. They suck for the Cubs, and will suck for anyone else.

If Melvin would just find a way to resign Sheets things would be fine. Of course Melvin has insulted Sheets by not even negotiating so Sheets will probably be on his way to ny as well now. I guess its time for more dumpster diving while the cubs get Peavy for scraps. Thanks alot Melvin for ruining our team.
How has Melvin ruined this team? Who have we missed out that has signed with someone else as we negotiated with CC? It is not Melvin's fault that Peavy has a no trade clause so that he can pick who he goes to and we are not one of those teams. Sheets is still available as is any other free agent pitcher and closer other than K-Rod for that matter (the Wood deal is not finalized). We can jump in on things at anytime and I am sure Melvin was still talking to people.

i just hope how Melvin was planning all along other moves since he really had to believe CC was not Comming Back.

I not sure about Sheets he is a very good pitcher when Healthy and that the problem.

Hopefully YO will be able to pitch a full Year in 2009

Let's at least give some recognition to Melvin for the enormous disadvantage he has trying to compete in this market, and how well he's done despite that. If you would have said a few years ago that we'd be in a bidding war with the Yankees for the best pitcher in baseball, I'd have thought you were crazy. Melvin has a very difficult job. He's not perfect, but he sure ain't bad.

Archived