Brewer Fanatic

4/23/06 Reds (Harang) @ Brewers (Davis) 1:05 pm CST

heresrobin
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
So lets see.. games not on TV yesterday, Brewers play their best game of season. Games on TV today, worst game of the season.

Not only that, but Sunday games are the only games that Milwaukee-area residents can watch if they're not subscribed to TimeWarner's $43/mo "bend over" package.

For the casual fan -- or former fan -- who's stumbled across these games on Telemundo, I bet they're real anxious to start supporting this team.... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Well this game was just the complete opposite of yesterday. UGLY.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

You know,

After the first retro Sunday was in the books two weeks ago (the Brewers' first loss, if you can remember back to that mindset), I wondered to myself, "suppose it's the uniforms." Still too small a sample size, but I'll be watching. I hope the unis aren't unlucky because we have tickets to several upcoming Sundays.

hawing-

You need a new favorite guy.

Jamie, this is painful enough already. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif Maybe Doug needs to return to the full Cap'n Sharpie facial hair regime.

One thing that strikes me so far is that there have already been a couple of all-out crapfests, after three weeks. I think we could count on one hand the number of blowouts the the Brewers suffered in all of 2005. I'm not saying that's a meaningful statistic, but even when 81 wins seemed impossible last year, I remember thinking, at least they aren't getting creamed.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I hope the unis aren't unlucky because we have tickets to several upcoming Sundays.

I don't think it's the wearing of the unis. I think it's the LIMITED wearing of the unis. We've angered the ghosts of 1982 by choosing to wear them only on Sundays.

Like Bill the Butcher said, "You run neither hot nor cold and I spew you out of my mouth."

Archived