Brewer Fanatic

4/23/06 Reds (Harang) @ Brewers (Davis) 1:05 pm CST

heresrobin
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

< bucksman-- are you complaining again????>

Believe me, I wish I didn't have to.

Please do let me know when I say something that isn't true though, okay?

Here's the perfect time for the ol Uke line..."a couple of grand slammers and we're right back in this one."

Quote:
blowing a series to the Reds losing 3 of 4 at HOME

That is by far the worst part about today. I could have lived with a split but losing 3 of 4 to the Reds at home?

This team has been playing bad baseball ever since the 5-0 start. Since then, we've won 4 games in 15 days. I keep sitting here thinking "well, if we win today and then take 2 from the Braves and 2 from the Cubs we'll be back on track." But who's to say that we won't lose 2 vs. ATL and get swept by the Cubs? Call me overly dramatic, but this team is on the verge of falling apart. Our hitting only shows up half the time and our pen gives up runs every game. If it wasn't for the first five games we'd be talking about one of the worst teams in baseball (record wise).

Ugh...ok rant over.

Quote:
I think this is the worst team to ever play the game of baseball and they should all be fired.

Heh...okay, point taken. I am as guilty as anyone with the negative posts today. Not much to be positive about today, but one hostile comment after another is pretty pointless, too.

I'll just look forward to the Bucks game tonight, I'm sure that will put me in a better mood!

bottom line?

Aaron Harang owns us lately and our guys were overly agressive.

inning 1= 9 pitches

inning 3= 11 pitches

inning 4= 10 pitches

inning 5=10 pitches

at least our one rally we showed that we could work the count. Result= 23 pitches. We need to do that more often.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote:
Maybe I read this wrong but did the Brewers intentionally walk Dunn with men on 1st and 2nd? It's nice to see that Bill Schroeder is now managing the game.

I believe it was our strategy to pitch around everyone today until we got back to the pitcher.

Quote:
Maybe I read this wrong but did the Brewers intentionally walk Dunn with men on 1st and 2nd? It's nice to see that Bill Schroeder is now managing the game.

The AB started with men at first and second but they advanced on a ball in the dirt that Damian couldn't find. Then they just went ahead and walked Dunn.

Do you ever get the feeling that when JP is announcing the Menards Big Inning ("If the Brewers hit for the cycle this half inning...") that he's just thinking, "yeah, right. *That's* gonna happen."
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived