Brewer Fanatic

4/23/06 Reds (Harang) @ Brewers (Davis) 1:05 pm CST

heresrobin

Great play there by Billy. He's showing great range over there at SS and making all the plays as per usual.

Now, about DD....I said this the last time he pitched and its beginning to seem like second nature to expect lots of walks because our number "2" pitcher doesn't like to "give in." That's pretty sad that we rely on a guy with his mediocre stuff to be second in line to Sheets. His command is as bad as any pitcher in the majors. I watch a lot of baseball and I do not see anyone nibble as much as him and not confident in his own "stuff" to get batters out.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what is going on? I go out to do some yard work and I'm listening to the game.

--Davis with no control, again!

--no patience at the plate

--Aaron Harang, on 3 days rest, continues to own us!

Yes, I realize that it's early but jiminy Christmas. I just about broke my rake in half when DD walked his 4th of the inning!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote:
I'm starting to really get frustrated with Brady Clark.

Me too...but maybe it's not all his fault. He's certainly not playing well right now, but I think he's kind of a square peg being crammed into that round-shaped leadoff hole. Who needs a leadoff guy who can't get on base, and couldn't steal a base if his life depended on it? I'm not sure where a better place for him would be, but he's just not getting it done at the top of the order.

Quote:
That's pretty sad that we rely on a guy with his mediocre stuff to be second in line to Sheets. His command is as bad as any pitcher in the majors. I watch a lot of baseball and I do not see anyone nibble as much as him and not confident in his own "stuff" to get batters out.

Thats a bit over the top. Last year he had a 1.61 WHIP in april as well and went on to post a 1.30 for the yaer with a 1.25 in the second half. In 2004 he posted a 1.50 WHIP in april and went on to post a 1.31 for the year with a 1.27 in the second half.

For whatever reason Doug has issues early in the season and gets stronger as the year goes on. He's just fine as a #2 starter as shown by his 482 IP of 3.51 ERA and 1.30 WHIP career as a Brewer going into this year.

Archived