Brewer Fanatic

I hope Philly takes it all

Nottso

For me, I'm rooting for Philly by process of elimination.

I can't stand the Red Sox hype. It's time to move on.

I couldn't stand the 20,000 extra Rays "fans" that finally decided to show up once the ALDS started being able to celebrate a World Series.

I think my head would explode if Ned Colletti was hailed as some genius of a GM for putting together this current Dodger team that needed Manny Ramirez going on an epic hotstreak to finish with 85 wins. I'm not prepared for the plethora of Bill Plaschke columns that would come out of such a thing.

Consider the Phils the lesser of 4 evils, I guess. I've always kind of liked Utley, Ryan Howard seems like a good guy, and Cole Hamels is one of my favorite pitchers to watch when he's not mowing down the Brewers. They've largely built from within and the city hasn't seem a championship in forever. Let them win it.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

So Lowe completely dominates the phillies until he looks like he hurts his thumb. He struggles to finish the inning and comes out and gives up 2 HR in the next inning. The announcer's keep talking about it and never once mention the apparent thumb injury. Seems sort of an obvious connect the dots that they should have picked up on.

Ok so I watched the entire game and the post game and nobody has mentioned the freakin thumb

Buck and McCarver are pretty awful announcers. It doesn't surprise me a bit.

Go Dodgers. I just can't stomach cheering for a Philadelphia team. Haven't done it since Super Bowl XXXIX.

The other funny thing is they make such a huge deal about Manuel coming out and talking to the P before facing Manny and how that made a big difference in the game. Manny absolutely destroyed the pitch they threw to him but it happened to be right at Feliz. He smoked that thing and probably ends up with a single at least 65% of the time if not more, just happened to be right at someone.

I know that I am living in a dream world when I expect the announcers to have a clue but it is just painful listening to this tripe during the playoffs.

Archived