Brewer Fanatic

4/24/06 Braves (Davies) @ Brewers (Capuano), 7:05 PM CST

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now THIS is the kind of game us Brewer fans are used to.

Davies was pitching good, we wore him out. Thank god for Prince. Carlos should have had one at the end there.

Mike Maddux with a PERFECTLY timed visit to the mound probably saved the game for us.

Oh, and we are 7-2 now while wearing the white uni's, thanks to press pass for that one :D

PHEW!!!

That was a close one. Hat's off to Matt Wise for getting out of the bases loaded, no out jam only giving up one run. That inning had disaster written all over it after the 38th error of the season by Rickie. To get out of it with only one run crossing the plate was huge.

It's now a best of five series to get out of April over .500.

Grandslam against Lidge? HAHA, i bet it was hit into that STUPID short porch in left.

HAHA Houston. Man, they really bring out the worst in me.. i don't care... i hate Houston. That oughta teach you to build a crazy, cockamamie stadium.

Here's to Ned keeping Weeks at leadoff for a while and not just switching it back based on tonight alone.

And here's to the Prince!

No doubt Corey made a difference, but without Prince we lose this game.

Oh, and here's to Cappy, who now sports an even 3.00 ERA and may still lead the league in strikeouts.

Positives from today:

-Prince: dude can flat out rake.

-Koskie: he can hit HR's! I was beginning to wonder if he'd ever hit one out again. Nice to see Prince was on for him.

-Cappy: He's the "real" number 2 of this staff. He at least goes right at hitters and doesn't nibble like another lefty starter that we have.

-Tbow/Wise: Stopped the bleeding from the rough outings our bullpen has turned in as of late. Good to see the finesse-power combo work out well tonight.

Negatives from today:

-Cubs come back to win after trailing 3-0 for practically the entire game and taking the "L" off of Zambrano's back.

-Rickie Weeks ridiculously bad fielding. He has no problems fielding...its all about the throwing. How long can we continue to have his terrible fielding at 2B hurt this team before Yost makes a move? I'm waiting for at least 3-4 blown games because of multiple Weeks' errors before Yost starts losing it.

-Brady Clark: he's having problems up there right now. He sure the heck is not "seeing the ball well" as some believe. We saw him hit .300+ last year and he's definitely not in that zone and really should be spelled by Gross very soon.

Is anyone else reminded of Rick Ankiel when thinking about Weeks' throwing errors? Rickie clearly has the talent to be out there but it appears to be a mental problem right now. On his throwing error tonight, you could almost see him taking too much time to think about the throw. It's sort of like a basketball player getting a wide open 3-pt shot...sometimes they think about it too much and brick it. Rickie needs to get his head screwed on straight and he should be ok.

Weeks needs to go to the outfield and Davis is no better than a # 5 starter at this point and time

I totally agree with this comment. Wouldn't Rickie look good right about now in CF?

1) Weeks CF

2) Hardy SS

3) Fielder 1B

4) Lee LF

5) Jenkins RF

6) Hall 2B

7) Koskie 3B

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/glasses.gif Miller C

That's the best we could put out there as of right now. Notice Prince in the 3-hole. Can you imagine how he'd hit with El Caballo protecting him?

Sheets

Campy

Davis

Bush

Ohka

is what the rotaion should look like

Good try there. I would take it. But if we're going by results alone, I would like to see a rotation of...

1) Sheets

2) Capuano

3) Bush

4) Davis

5) Ohka

Would give us a R-L-R-L-R rotation and would reward those who are pitching well and give us a better chance to win against other #2's and 3's in the league.

We need both Weeks and Clark in the lineup...what's going on with those guys is something that they need to play through...Benching Weeks or moving him to Center won't help his fielding, and since he is first and foremost a second sacker, we've gotta keep him there and let him work it out.

Nice game tonight...I had fun explaining to my girlfriend how truly beautiful a good pitches' duel is...Lucky Cappy came out on top with another beautiful outing.

Now let's get some consistency going!

Let's get a good 7-2 win with Kazoo going 7 strong, Clark homering, Weeks not making an error at second, and Fielder still hitting lights out.

I agree with whoever posted this rotation. i was about to post it myself after the first one and as i kept reading, there it was:

Sheets

Capuano

Bush

Davis

Ohka

a bit of a small sample decision, but like that same person said, it provides RLRLR.

Davis just needs to STOP walking people and have confidence in his pitches. I think in the past Davis has done well because he was pitching after Sheets. Sheets throwin 95, Davis with the slow stuff from the other side.

I am not sure if that same rotation is being used this year or not because of Benny coming in during the season. I try to keep a short memory with the losses.

If it is, well then i guess there is no excuse for Davis.

Archived