vs.

Chris Capuano (2-2, 3.46)

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/sports/brew/img/jul05/cc710.jpg

Game Preview:

MLB.com

TV: FSN North

Radio: 620 WTMJ

Braves Hitters Against Capuano:

HITTER AB H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO AVG Marcus Giles 7 3 1 0 0 1 1 0 .429 Andruw Jones 6 2 0 0 2 4 1 0 .333 Jeff Francoeur 5 1 0 0 1 2 1 3 .200 Chipper Jones 5 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 .000 Edgar Renteria 5 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 .200 Ryan Langerhans 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 Kelly Johnson 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 .000 Tim Hudson 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 .000 Adam LaRoche 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 .500 Todd Pratt 2 1 0 0 1 1 2 0 .500 

Brewers Hitters Against Davies:

HITTER AB H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO AVG Brady Clark 3 2 1 0 0 2 0 0 .667 Rickie Weeks 3 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 .333 Geoff Jenkins 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 .000 Carlos Lee 2 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 .000 Ben Sheets 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 Bill Hall 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 .000 Tomo Ohka 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000 Chad Moeller 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 .000 

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Brewers did pretty well against Davies the one time they've faced him (last year) with 4 runs in 5 innings.

The bad news: It was almost strictly Clark and Overbay displaying any offensive capabilities vs. Davies.

The good news: Sheets was pitching that day. To get 4 runs in 5 innings for sheets would equate to 10 runs in 3 innings when another pitcher is starting! Today maybe?

Is Giles gonna play tonight?

We really gotta win tonight. Get back to .500 and start of the series with a win. I wonder what's the percentage of winning a series after a loss in game one....anyone? I can't imagine it's very good. The Brewers have lost game 1 of every series since the 5-0 start.

The Chipper Jones-less Braves are ready for a good beating this week. If we just don't let Andruw Jones beat us I think we should be in good shape. Hopefully Cappy comes out strong again tonight, we really need a solid performance from our SP'ing.

C'mon Crew, how about you take out all of that frustration on the Braves!

I'll be at the game tonite, probably in the field bleachers and after a generous helping of brats and high life in the parking lot.

I always happen to see cappy when I go to MP, and he usually pitches well when I'm there. Don't know much about this Davies kid, but here are a few tidbits:

First inning era in 2005: 7.71(12ER/14IP)

Rest of innings: 3.82

But I guess he only gave up three hits in his last outing against the Mets. In a complete game.

Looking at mlb.com highlights, it looks like he peaks out at about 93MPH, and when he's on he deals some nasty hooking/sinking/breaking stuff. The strikouts where either close call ones on the corners of the looking variety, or batters swinging at slop including high fastballs. Hopefully Prince can be patient against him.

Alas, this mini-scouting report was based on about 16 strikeout pitches, so. . .whatever.

Anyhow, let's hope the crew can get a quick lead in the first inning and that Cappy can pitch solidly and hold on and turn it over to Wise then T-bow for a 3-2 victory. That's my prediction. No homers for the crew. Jones hits a two run homer.

If you're watching on TV, I will be the naked guy sliding into home plate in the fourth inninghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Iron Chef Napalm:

When you go to the main press pass site, it looks like you need a userid. How did you get a link that isn't password protected? And better yet, how can we get them in the future?

Those things are loaded with cool facts that Daron and Bill don't get to. Thanks

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

I don't have any paid services with mlb, but I do have an old account that is set to log in from when I had a radio account last year.

The online viewer quality is bad and the instructions tell you to click on the printer icon. That launches the PDF and the direct link must not require an account?

If this is a paid service and we are not supposed to post the links, I will remove it.

Edit: it's a free service.

Too much information... OVERLOAD.. OVERLOAD..

press pass is a wonderful thing.

even if it turns out that we can't post it on the forum, we should start a mailing list that Iron Chef could mass distribute to on game days. Sounds like a lot of work, but once a list was compiled, would be quite simple.

Press Pass is nice when they manage to get them out before the game is over.

I've complained multiple times to no avail. They seem to have been better this year about getting them out on time, though.

Archived