Brewer Fanatic

10/05/08 Phillies (Blanton) at Brewers (Suppan): 12:07 PM CDT

NYChez
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know there was only about a .01% chance of it happening, but it would have been really nice to see Mike Rivera pinch hit there just for the tiny hint of hope that he might do more than hit a weak chopper or a popup. But we haven't seen Mr. Rivera since September 19th... I miss you Mike :'(

You know, I don't mind Sveum as our Manager he has done a pretty decent job. But his move today to start Suppan over Gallardo has made me feel we need to explore all options before we give him the job. The only he gets it is if we can't find any Manager with a solid record that has had post season success.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

The bench is Nelson, Rivera, Hall, Escobar right now. Against a RH pitcher with a RISP the only one I'd use over Counsell/Kendall is maybe Nelson and he was set to PH for the pitcher should someone get on. Our bench is just pretty terrible with Weeks and Kapler injured.

I really don't get why you'd pitch Sabathia on 3 days rest and not Yo, given that Yo hasn't hardly pitched all season. They obviously needed this game, I wanted our 2 best pitchers in games 4 and 5... and he trotted out Soup.

This is going to sound really poor, but everytime I simulated 2007-2010 in OOTP Suppan was by far the worst pitcher on the staff (10-15 times as I was playing around learning the game). I'm unsure what system they are using for projections, but he was so bad that by 2009 he was in the bullpen in long relief to start the year, and every year I got so pissed at him I cut him around the trade deadline and dealt with his albatross contract in 2010. I know it's just a video game, and a simulation, but how quickly he declined to being absolutely worthless is always in the back of my mind and I have a hard time getting past it, he was just so bad.

Parra looked good today as well, I would have liked to see a Gallardo/Parra combo for this game since they used Villy yesterday.

As I type this Mota gives up another jack... *sigh* I'm not willing to give in just yet, we still have the meat of the order coming around 1 more time. If this is it though, I'm alright with the season, and I'm looking forward to the off-season, it should be very eventful.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Watching Geoff Jenkins celebrating with champagne in the visitor's dugout is a very befitting end to this season. I'm not optimistic about next year because we won't have Sabathia and we'll still have Suppan. How this team will be better is beyond me.

Archived