Brewer Fanatic

10/05/08 Phillies (Blanton) at Brewers (Suppan): 12:07 PM CDT

NYChez

I'm not as freaked out about Suppan's contract as others are but he clearly is not the same pitcher in September that he was most of the year.

He had a 1.110 OPS agasint with 11 BB, 13 K and 7 HR in 21.1 IP for an 8.84 ERA. Why are you going with a pitcher who obviously doesn't have it in the most important game of the season.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't say anything about the decision to start Suppan today, but only because I wanted to give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt that Gallardo wasn't available on 3 days rest coming of his injury. But now that Gallardo is in, and was indeed available, this is on the coaching staff! Suppan should not have started today and should not have seen the ball in this series!

Showing Davy Lopes is just grinding salt in the wound

And with every routine out that Gallardo records it's like pouring acid on the wound. And then when you think of what kind of push the Brewers could make for Sabathia if Suppan's contract wasn't on the books, it's the equivalent of jamming hot pokers into the wound.

I don't have the MLB TV package, but I'm wondering just how bad the rest of baseball is that tis Brewers club made the playoffs. It's hard to swallow, but when you look at things through the prism of the AL East, maybe Hank Steinbrenner was kind of right. Not so much about the Dodgers, or in terms of his whining about the division structure, but speaking generally about the quality of players and teams.

You know the offense is not doing the pitching any favors today but still with the way Gallardo has thrown and the fact that they were willing to use him out of the pen but not start him over Suppan who has been terrible since August and he gave up 3 HR's and 5 runs that will be one of the most what if moves in the history of this franchise.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I feel bad for Hardy, he is the only guy doing a damn this with the bat.

Dude. Bright spot of the season: JJ Hardy.

That guy has really earned it this year. He proved last year was no fluke and, despite being really streaky in his own right, he turned out to be the most consistent Brewer all year.

I admit I've been down on him from time to time, but JJ Hardy... That guy. He did it.

Archived