Brewer Fanatic

10/05/08 Phillies (Blanton) at Brewers (Suppan): 12:07 PM CDT

NYChez
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ELCABALLO45[/b]]LETS DO THIS!!

Come on Suppan, You have heard this before. This is why we got you. Prove it.

Exactly, it is this same situation that got him his huge contract. I was hoping that he would get to start in the series just to see if he can be clutch and keep us in this. If he does, I will not put him the "Jeffrey Hammonds" category.

Well Soupp, this is exactly the game you were brought here to win.

Keep the team in the ball game today, get yourself a win, and we will forgive all your "down" moments since you've been here.

GO CREW!!!

I know he has playoff experience, but is he the best choice to pitch today? He's 0-4 with almost a 7 ERA in his last six starts against Philly. Doesn't Parra starting, considering all the lefties in the Philly lineup, make better sense?

Parra really struggled down the stretch. He probably doesn't have the endurance to go deep in a game right now. Gallardo could have been an option, but he's not stretched out enough to do deep when rested, he certainly wouldn't be able to do so on 3 days rest. The best option is to see if Suppan has his stuff today and see how long he can keep the game close. Have the shortest leash on Suppan possible, and unleash all bullpen arms as needed. Keep Parra back to unload on a high leverage situation against the lefties in the middle of the game, and you still have Stetter and Shouse to do the same. If Suppan keeps the game tight for 2 times through the lineup and we have three lefties to neutralize the big bats and Villenueva and Seth and the rest to soak up the difference, the Brewers can hold the Phillies again. We just need the bats and gloves to have a good game.

Is it fair to say that the description "nervous, but cautiously optimistic" applies to about 85% of Brewer fans right now?

I'll take a win any way they can get it, but another early lead would be much appreciated. Then, if they can add on more than once, that would be great.

With Blanton on the mound today, I have a good feeling going into the game. He's been pretty erratic all year long. He kinda stunk it up a bit in Oakland this year when you consider expectations although he has improved since being traded to the Phillies. He has a 4-0 record with the Phillies, but that took 13 starts to get there. And he walked about as many in Pilly as he did in Oakland this year. And he did it in almost half the number of innings. If the Brewers can repeat being patient at the plate and maybe improve a little bit, I think we can expose Blanton. The rest all depends on Suppan being able to keep the runs down. If he can do this, this game is very winnable.

Lineups:

1. J. Rollins, SS M. Cameron, CF

2. S. Victorino, CF R. Durham, 2B

3. C. Utley, 2B R. Braun, LF

4. R. Howard, 1B P. Fielder, 1B

5. P. Burrell, LF J. Hardy, SS

6. J. Werth, RF C. Hart, RF

7. G. Dobbs, 3B C. Counsell, 3B

8. C. Ruiz, C J. Kendall, C

9. J. Blanton, P J. Suppan, P

Dear Jeff Suppan,

Your really not that good of a pitcher. You really are overrated. You can't pitch big games.

What? Does that make you mad?

Well prove me wrong then.

I bet he is going to read that ^^^^ and he is going to be so mad that he is going to HAVE to pitch well today. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I said this yesterday in the IGT and we won. So I will say it again. I am not ready for the train to come to an end. Everyone has us counted and down and out. JUST WIN, really simple. Look for good pitches to to hit, and be patient!!! Pitchers, you have been pretty good, just keep doing what you have been doing. When you guys go out for today's games just remember the hopes of all Brewers fans will be resting on today's game. As Solomon said so eloquently "ITS BEEN 26 YEARS, AND YOU CAN WAIT NO MORE" GO BREWERS!!!

Archived