Brewer Fanatic

10/05/08 Phillies (Blanton) at Brewers (Suppan): 12:07 PM CDT

NYChez

Ugly loss today, but a great season overall.

CC, it was a joy watching you pitch for the crew. Thanks for the memories.

And Dale, I hope you enjoyed your month or so of managing in Milwaukee because that's all its gonna be.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

Unfortunately, 29 of the 30 teams in MLB end their season in disappointing fashion.

As Brewers fans, we got to see something we haven't seen in 26 years and we added magical moments that will be replayed over and over.

Considering the number of things that went wrong this year, I have no doubt that the Brewers can win 90 games again next year. CC was a major help, but we were competing for the Wild Card without him. JJ Hardy has developed into a complete baseball player. Ryan Braun is phenomenal. Prince Fielder will be back in full force next year. Money will be available from the huge attendance push to get the payroll up to and possibly over $100 million.

The Cardinals window of opportunity has closed. The Cubs' is closing. I expect the NL Central to be wide open next year and in the end, the Brewers will win their first division title in 27 years.

CC was the most dominating Brewers pitcher I have ever watched in my lifetime. Ben Sheets couldn't hold this guys cleats and hat. I am glad that Brewers fans could see the difference between a real ace and a pretender 'ace' that could not be counted on to pitch in big games in big situations. It's very apparent now that Ben Sheets, as godly as some made him seem, has been nothing but a complete and utter disappointment in the last few seasons and this season was the worst. I hope he goes to the Astros. They'll overpay for a walking injury waiting to happen. Whoever gets the ace CC will be one lucky team.

CC was the most dominating Brewers pitcher I have ever watched in my lifetime. Ben Sheets couldn't hold this guys cleats and hat. I am glad that Brewers fans could see the difference between a real ace and a pretender 'ace' that could not be counted on to pitch in big games in big situations. It's very apparent now that Ben Sheets, as godly as some made him seem, has been nothing but a complete and utter disappointment in the last few seasons and this season was the worst. I hope he goes to the Astros. They'll overpay for a walking injury waiting to happen. Whoever gets the ace CC will be one lucky team.
Uh, CC got lit up in the playoff game. I would consider that a big game. He must be a pretender ace as well unlike our real ace of Dave Bush. Oh yeah, without Sheets and his great, not good, year we wouldn't sniff CC or the playoffs.

I respectfully disagree that Sheets' year was a "great" one. Without CC we wouldn't sniff the playoffs because he actually pitched at the end of the season when the big games were taking place. Pitching on 3 days rest 4 times in a row is something the fragile one, Ben, would never dream of doing nor could he do because of his physical shape. But Sheets will be some other team's worry next season thankfully and he can continue his reputation of not being able to be counted on when his team needs him most.

I just didn't want the Brewers to be swept and they weren't. It's disappointing that the Brewers didn't give themselves the best chance to win today (Suppan... seriously!?) but overall, this team went about as far as they deserved to. A good but not great team.

"I respectfully disagree that Sheets' year was a "great" one. Without CC we wouldn't sniff the playoffs because he actually pitched at the end of the season when the big games were taking place. Pitching on 3 days rest 4 times in a row is something the fragile one, Ben, would never dream of doing nor could he do because of his physical shape. But Sheets will be some other team's worry next season thankfully and he can continue his reputation of not being able to be counted on when his team needs him most"

Take a step back for moment and just TRY to look at this objectively. There's no way that the Brewers would have made the playoffs without either of them. It's not even close. CC agreeing to pitch on short rest multiple times was wonderful. Sheets agreeing to pitch with torn muscle near his elbow was great. They both gave everything they had to give and both were great (although, obviously, CC's performance was on another level).

But we'll replace Sheet's 3.1 ERA over 200 IP with a a 4.5 ERA guy and you will somehow say that the team is better.... and you will truly believe it.

rluzinski wrote:

But we'll replace Sheet's 3.1 ERA over 200 IP with a a 4.5 ERA guy and you will somehow say that the team is better.... and you will truly believe it.

3 wins difference over 200 innings.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived