Brewer Fanatic

10/05/08 Phillies (Blanton) at Brewers (Suppan): 12:07 PM CDT

NYChez
Under normal conditions, the Phillies would have a very good chance of teeing off on Suppan. I like the fact that we have that neutralizer on Sunday. With the Phillies being frustrated by not being able to read Suppan's offspeed stuff added on to the fact that they're going to feel all the pressure in the world to not be faced with game 5 against a fully rested CC, it's looking good.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Plus, the roof will likely be closed again, so the only shadows they might have to put up with would have to shine in through the big windows above the terrace level. Even for 1:00 games, those shadows don't make it onto the field until late in the game. So even if it is sunny, shadows will not affect play. I like the way you think, though, NYChez.

These people have been granted vacation time and have all the time in the world available to spend 12pm CT Sunday in front of the tube:

Lou Pinella

Carlos Zambrano

Alfonso Soriano

The Cubs' mighty pitching staff

All those Cubs fans who brought brooms to Miller Park in July

the Mets - who swept us painfully in September

Tony LaRussa

Albert Pujols

A-Rod

Derek Jeter

Mariano Rivera

Hank Steinbrenner (and Hank, we've won more games than the Yankees have so it doesn't matter what division we're in)

Bobby Cox

Halliday and Burnett, Morneau and Mauer, Verlander and Bonderman, Berkman and Oswalt.

With all of this team's faults, it's amazing that we're still around while this mix of legends, media darlings, thorns in our side, and unbelievably talented players are not.

Joe Blanton

http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnewssports/2008/10/large_JOEBLANTONAP08.jpg

-VS-

Jeff Suppan

http://yogibrewer.mlblogs.com/my_weblog/images/soupson_1.jpg

Lets go win it and send this series back to Philly. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Congrats on your win today. Can't say I'll be watching, I'd prefer to get away from baseball for a couple days as a Cubs fan, but good luck. I'll be rooting for the Brewers, as it's always interesting to watch game fives or sevens.

I'd rather Suppan wasn't pitching this game, I'm usually pretty optimistic, but he literally gives me an impending sense of doom.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I don't like Suppan pitching either. I'd take him out after the first baserunner if I was Dale and I'm not even kidding about that. This should be a bullpen game. Suppan for an inning or two, Gallardo for a couple, McClung for a couple, Villy for a couple (if he can go tonight), Parra if necessary.

Guys, continue to keep that patient, small-ball playing approach you took last night. It really looked great. Bill Hall, thanks for returning to Milwaukee. You sure looked good. JJ, played excellent. Bush.....can't say any more. Now, today, we need a Bush-like effort for Soup today. Let's keep the crowd loud, electric and rocking. I will do my best, cheering down here in Texas. Maybe some you will be able to hear me! GO BREWERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Could you imagine if Suppan hit a walk off Homer?
If Suppan hits a homer at any point today, the Phillies may just walk off the field and say see you in game 5!

My understanding has always been that this is exactly the sort of game Suppan was brought over for, so let's see him do his thing. My mom came to town on the train yesteday and delivered to me my JJ Hardy bobble head that my brother picked up for me at the MP give away a few weeks ago. Hardy had a great day because his bobble was on my coffee table watching the game with me, I'm convinced. So, today I'm gonna put all the players I've got out there.

You may run like Mays...

Congrats on your win today. Can't say I'll be watching, I'd prefer to get away from baseball for a couple days as a Cubs fan, but good luck. I'll be rooting for the Brewers, as it's always interesting to watch game fives or sevens.

Let's remember that for all the arrogant types in the Cubs' fanbase for whom it's hard not to feel some schadenfreude today, there are better fans who deserved a better fate.
Thanks and condolences, splintersag. It sucks when your team reaches the postseason and is eliminated without a win.

Moving on to today's game...keep the Brewers in it, Soup, and everyone else back him up. That's teammates and fans alike. Justify my sleep deprivation!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

A couple stats (From the small sample):

His Day ERA is 4.70 a little higher than his night.

Righties bat .286 against him better than the .256 that lefties hit.

His road ERA is 5.37.

Make Blanton throw pitches. He had 66 walks in 197 IP so his command can be a little suspect.

Archived