Brewer Fanatic

04/25/2006 Braves (Hudson) @ Brewers (Ohka) 7:05 CST

JoeH33

Just got back from the game. Had a great time with Brewerjamie15, his father-in law, and Ajay. Nice to see Rydogg again, and thanks to the poster/lurker who came up to say hi (i'm sorry, I didn't catch your name, as it was really loud) and his "brewerfan widow".

I think the key hit tonight was Damian Miller's single to bring Ohka to the plate, so they could start off the next inning from the top of the order. I just about DIED when El Caballo got that jump against Huddy... I thought he was dead meat for sure.

It's these kinds of wins, I believe, that matter the most. It wasn't an 11-0 blowout like on Saturday... it was a come from behind victory with some real nice & timely hitting. Ohka gave up the longball, but he's starting to make me look foolish with all my anti-Ohka rhetoric during the offseason.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very nice win by the crew and great effort by Ohka tonight .

I have to apolize for getting down on him.

Nice to see them bulid on last nigt win.

The pen was excellent tonight good job by Cappallan and Bow.Lets go for the sweep tomorrow

Sheets is due for a win.

It's nice to see regardless of the final game vs. ATL that we already WON the series. It's been quite awhile since we could say that. Would be nice to build a little momentum before heading into the Windy city to face everyone's favorite team: the Cubbies!

I had a great time at the game with BrewerJamie, his father-in-law, and Brian the Automator. It was nice to beat someone of the caliber of Tim Hudson. Tomo Obermueller pitched a great game.

I was most excited about the Brewers stringing together base hits to score runs. It has been a while since we have seen that from this team.

I hope the Brewers score runs for Sheets tomorrow and finish the job. Let's sweep those Braves and get hot before we head to Wrigley.

Hey Brian,

That was my wife and I who came by and said helllo, It was great to meet you guys. My dad and I have a 20 game pack over in section 330 and I noticed yor guys would be sitting near us.

Tonight I dragged my wife to the game, she thinks I spend too mch time lurking on this site and care way too much about the Brewers. Oh well, she's probably right.. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Hence, she is a Brewfan.net widow.

Great Win Tonight!! We need 4 runs again tomorow and Sheets wil take care of the rest for the sweep.

A day game in April? I think they'll be lucky to draw 10,000.

Never underestimate the lure of the kids' and seniors' discount. (not to mention Brewers Bingo!)

Alas, I will be trying to sneak peeks at Gameday from the library.

So Brian had a great time, and AJAY; but we haven't heard how great a time Jamie had...

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Just got back from the game. I scored myself seats 3 rows behind the part of the bench that all the players run into from off of the field. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif Sweet game.

The Jenkins homerun would have been out last year. I know this will be abused all year. The part of the the picnic area towards center field was moved in around 10 feet, however the pole was not moved. It is still 345 feet away. The other difference is that the fence is now 8' tall, while it was only 6' tall last year. The ball Jenks hit would have actually cleared more of the fence last year due to the difference in height.

11,000 last night, 16,000 tonight. I'm going with 17,000 tomorow. Great day for old people and school trips at the ballpark, plus the people playing hookie to see Sheets go for a sweep.

Being right next to first base, I felt my stomach sink when I saw Lee take off. Talk about stealing on a pitcher.

Go Brew Crew

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Ok, I'm tuning in for the post game reading of the thread. I got home and got busy, then into a good Koontz novel.

I had a good time too, even though AJ won the sausage race pick. I took the Bratwurst who cheated, got a lead out of the blocks for about half the race, and then crumbled like Bobby Cox in the playoffs.

Tonight for the most part, the game was kind of secondary. I was with my father-in-law as mentioned so, we shot the breeze quite a bit. I learned alot about him, and we mostly talked baseball. I can honestly say that was a good time that I'll remember for quite some time.

Each run or great play it was high five to Brian and AJay, or passing along the bag of peanuts at other times. Lots of good ol' strategy speak, trivia junk, etc.

I'd like to do that again sometime soon.

Thanks to Brian and AJay for the fun time, and thanks to Carlos Lee and Tomo "the kazoo" Ohka for the win.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Archived