Brewer Fanatic

OJ found guilty

dadofandrew

I figured you'd be pretty pleased about this, knowing how you are filled with hate towards OJ. Not saying that that isn't justified. The only thing is, the jurors didn't ignore DNA evidence, they thought OJ was framed by the LAPD (specifically Mark Fuhrman). That was enough to give them reasonable doubt, even if they thought he most likely did the deed. Considering Fuhrman later pleaded no contest to perjury in connection with the case and is a felon as a result of that plea, that was a reasonable position to take.

Yeah no doubt, I think he did it too. It's just that if the jurors felt they couldn't trust the evidence 100%, what could they do? I always like to quote William Blackstone in situations like that: "better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer." If the cops are busy framing someone up (or being totally incompetent, in the case of the lab technician), how can a juror be absolutely certain that the accused person did it? You won't know which evidence to trust and which to disregard. Because the burden of proof is on the prosecution, it was up to them to make sure the evidence wasn't tampered with and the jurors felt they failed to do that.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

The defense team was smarter than the prosecution in the original trial. Plain and simple. I suppose we'll start seeing this stuff again:

http://www.ojtalk.com/OrangeStressBall2.jpg

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Your moderators appreciate that everyone has kept the discussion of this potentially hot-button issue civil. Keep it up. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Here, too, is a link that further explains the lead post.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The defense team was smarter than the prosecution in the original trial. Plain and simple.

I urge anyone interested in that case to read "Outrage" by Vincent Bugliosi (the former LA County DA who prosecuted Charles Manson). The level of incompetence of the prosecutors, the defense attorneys, the police, the judge and the jurors is mind-boggling.

Archived