Brewer Fanatic

4/26/06 Braves (Sosa) @ Brewers (Sheets), 12:05 PM CST

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweeps sure are nice. I bet all those Braves fans are pissed that the Braves could allow themselves to get swept. They must not have wanted it enough today. Brewers on pace for 88 wins....

On a side note, only in MLB can a pitcher give up 2 earned runs in 1 inning and have that considered an outing worth rewarding with a "save". I pitcher could have a 18.00 ERA and lead the league in saves! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Quote:
On a side note, only in MLB can a pitcher give up 2 earned runs in 1 inning and have that considered an outing worth rewarding with a "save"

I was just thinking that same thing. Too late to change anything now, but you ought to not be able to give up any more runs than you have full innings pitched. That wasn't so much a "save" as it was a "near miss"

Edit: And I wish my browser would stop defaulting to "angry face" in the subject.

I bet all those Braves fans are pissed that the Braves could allow themselves to get swept. They must not have wanted it enough today. Brewers on pace for 88 wins....

I actually got a text message from a braves fan friend of mine, telling me that the brewers suck earlier..

What's with all the angry faces, the Brewers won ! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Sheets gets the win. Note to Ned, Derrick probably shouldn't pitch 4 days in a row. Nice to sweep a quality opponent at Home.

Archived