Brewer Fanatic

Grade Series So Far

jhpc12

Even thou the first two games have been a complete disaster, How would you rate each aspect of the game?

For me:

1) Defense a B- (the 2 errors in game one hurt, but it still only put us down 3-0 and with our lineup you would expect that we would have an opportunity to come back with 7 bats to go. Out side of that inning we actually have made some pretty nice defensive plays.)

2) Starting pitching a C- (Yo pitch great, even thou he walked 4 he kept us in the game and he didn't get rattled after the 3 unearned runs. CC just was not on his game.When he missed he missed up and usually with 2 strikes. Everthing that missed the Philly's seemed to hammer. The two long at bats with Meyers seem to really take it out of him. And I don't believe that 3 days rest had anything to do with it. As bad as he was struggling he still wanted the ball to face Howard.)

3) Relief Pitching an A+ (every move to the pen that Svem has made has worked. a 0.00 ERA against that lineup has been picture perfect. Even if they show a liitle weakness they seem to have worked out of every jamb.)

4) Offense a F ( you can blame it all on Corey if you want, but Cameron-hitless, Durham-1 hit and nothing else close, Braun-3 hits 2 doubles, but the first was trying to get out of the way of it and happen to hit down right field line. He looked totally surprised he even hit it, he almost forgot to run. His 5 outs very bad at bats., Fielder- hitless. Need I say more, he has looked absolutely lost in every plate appearance., Hardy-2 hits other than that lost. One ball hit hard line drive to left field., Hart-1 hit has looked better, but still just the one hit. The strike out to end game one bad and swinging at first pitch after Hardy walked puzzling., Counsell-1 hit and it was a duck fart over second basemens head, other than that he has looked as lost as everyone else., Kendall-hitless, he has not hit anything hard and had probably been the easiest out of the whole bunch., Yo & CC-hitless, but probably hit the two hardest balls of the series. PH- simply pathetic.

5) Coachinga B (I think Svem has made the right moves to help be in a postion to win, but nobody has jumped on board to help. Pitching moves A, Defense B, Hitting D it is what it is. All he can do is put them out there and hope a couple get hot. It just has not happened.

The one thing I will say is that I like the make up of this team. Not everyone is going to hit at the same time, not everyone is going to field at the same time, and every pitcher is not going to be on at the same time. They are young and I believe that their futures are bright.

I haven't given up on us at least making a series out of this just yet. But going through this as a group will only make them more prepared the next time. I know the cast of characters might change, but nucleus will still be there.

We have lost based on defense and lack of offense. The pitching has been pretty solid overall. CC struggled but he was being massively pinched as well and probably should have never even faced Victorino that inning if the ump had a realistic strike zone. Kind of curious why he wasn't throwing the fastball more.

I guess I agree for the most part with your grades jhpc, but I'd be more inclined to give the starting pitching a B or B-. Gallardo pitched great. He had a small bout of wildness, but he should have never been put in the position to issue the walks he did in the first place. When your defense completly collapses behind you, it's going to have tendancy to rattle even the best of pitchers. Sabathia was getting some of his pitches up and they were jumping on them, but I think if he would have been willing to throw more fast balls to Meyers, it could have been a different game. He basically shut down two of their more dangerous hitters in Utley and Howard.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived