Brewer Fanatic

Game 4 Start Time

brwrsfan

I don't want to jump the gun on this but it's getting a bit annoying. Does anyone know or have any idea what time Game 4 would be on Sunday (assuming it's necessary)? I'm trying to arrange some things so I could go and I can't find a start time.

I thought I recalled seeing it potentially might be a 4:00 start...anyone?

Lovely, start the game the same time as the Packers game. Morons.
I don't think MLB is really concerned about the NFL schedule (with the exceptions of maybe parking/traffic conflicts within the same city), when deciding it's schedule. Nor should they be.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Usually the NFL and MLB cooperate with some of that stuff. I'm surprised it wasn't a 3:00 start too, as they easily could have put the Rays/Sox on at noon. It's especially odd in that we have a night game on Saturday. You'd think they'd do as much as they could to give the players some sort of rest period during the playoffs. It's not that bad as the game starts Saturday at 5:30, but still, they control the schedules completely and it seems like they dropped the ball on this one.

Why are the Packers even on anybody's mind right now?
Some of us are able to follow more that one sport at a time. When your season consists of 16 games, they're all important. For that matter, the OSU/Wisconsin game is on my mind too. I'm pretty certain a good share of the 70,000 with tickets to Lambeau Sunday are Brewer fans too.

Anyone remember last years possible NFL/MLB conflict in Denver that never happened? If the WS would have gone to game 5 it would have been in Denver at the same time as the Packers/Broncos game.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I don't think it's a big deal that the games would be conflicted. Last Sunday, practically nobody cared that the Packers were playing. It's not like they're going to have trouble selling out Miller Park. An MLB postseason game in Milwaukee is a bigger deal than a regular season Packer game against a crappy Atlanta team.

I don't think MLB is really concerned about the NFL schedule

This time of the year, it's the other way around. There's no Sunday Night game conflicting with the World Series, and they learned their lesson from last year's Monday night game during the World Series in Denver. Notice that the MNF game on Oct. 27 is Indianapolis vs. Jacksonville. From now on, that game will include two NFL teams from cities without baseball teams.

A playoff game is a bigger deal, but in Wisconsin, people care what the Packers are doing.

I doubt too many will stay tuned to baseball between innings and watch the ads for Frank TV 50 times. The advertisers sure won't be getting any bang for their buck.

A playoff game is a bigger deal, but in Wisconsin, people care what the Packers are doing.

For sure, but this is MLB/TBS's decision. I don't know why they can't have games on Saturday afternoon instead of competing with the NFL, but that's just me.

I have tickets to Sunday's game at Lambeau. It's the only game I'm going to. It's only my 3rd time to Lambeau. I'm taking a friend from New Orleans who lives in Chicago who's a lifelong Packer fan and this is likely his only chance to make the pilgrimmage. When we were offered tickets from someone who has seasons and they told us to pick a date 2 months ago, we went with a date that we knew we wouldn't freeze during. Now, we're screwed.

As a Bucs' fan on the West Coast, I'm more than OK with the gametime.

Last week was tough (any Bucs-Packers game is prime trash talk fodder for my family--mostly Pack fans--and I) but theer was no way I was gonna miss that Brewers' game.

I just hope we get to see a Game 4.

It's pretty obvious to me why we got the noon game. MLB/TBS want to bolster ratings by having continuous baseball rather than a potential 3-hour lag between games due to a sweep. TB-CHI and LA-BOS will only be game 3, so they're sure things and will play no matter what, so they get the 3:00 and 6:00 gametimes. The powers that be probably figure the Cubs are more likely than we are to win Game 3 and thus require a game 4 so they get the late game, which would not face any football (plus sort of a necessity due to the Pacific time in LA). If we're swept, there's no gap and baseball will start at 3:00 that day.

Of course, I personally don't care about TBS on Sunday because if there's a game at Miller Park, I'll be there in person! C'mon, Crew, get us to Game 4.

I am also going to the Packer game on Sunday and it is the only game I am going to this year as well. Tonights game is the only game I actually get to see. MLB did me no favors with the schedule. I have gotten to see much of the Cubs games but since I work til 9pm I have not gotten to see the Brewer games. Now they have to schedule the Sunday game at noon instead of later and Tuesday is scheduled for 5 if necessary. Man that really ticks me off!

Last Saturday the Brewers game was during the Badger game.

Last Sunday the Brewers game was during the Packer game.

This Saturday the Brewers game was during the Badger game

This Sunday the Brewers game will be during the Packer game

Grrr

I have to go to the Packer game; it's client-related. I'm sick-to-my-stomach over the fact that I can't be at the Brewer game tomorrow. I was all prepared to leave the Packers game early and drive to Miller Park when I thought the game was at 5 ot 6 p.m.. This noon start is horrible.

My Eagles play the Redskins at noon on Sunday and I couldn't give a _________ how that game goes as long as the Brewers win. I can check the football score during commercials or when the game is over.

Football season starts for me when the Brewers are done and tomorrow is no different, and it should be the same for you guys...Packers should win tomorrow easily, this is a no-brainer as to which game you all should be watching.

Screw watching the Packers.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Who cares about the Packers. Do you really want to see Matt Flynn throw 5 interceptions? I'll be at Miller Park again tomorrow.
The Brewers are first priority is this situation. However, still not cool that they put these two on at the same time. Just dumb and irritating. Eagles playing at noon too. Yikes.

Gotta love how the Packers are finally on the back burner here. I personally loathe the Pack. I'm glad that the Brewers game today is at the exact same time as the Packers game. It's going to be funny when all the Rubes go into the bars (in their Zubaz and Super Bowl XXXI Sweatshirts and matching leather jackets) and get upset when the Packers are on the small TV with no sound. Heck, they might not even be able to see "the race". That will really make their heads spin.

Hopefully it will be another perfect weekend for me..... Brewers wins and Packers and Badger losses.

Who cares about the Packers.

Gotta love how the Packers are finally on the back burner here.

It should be pointed out that despite the Brewers literally being in a must-win game last Sunday against the Cubs with the playoffs on the line, and also with it being a truly great and exciting game, they were completely destroyed in the ratings by the Packers playing a Tampa team that's not a rival and not a top team or anything like that by a 3 to 1 margin.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=801155

This is still a football-first state, despite how wonderful the fan support has been for the Crew. I'm certainly eager to see the head-to-head numbers from both last night's Brewers/Badgers competition for viewers as well as today's Packer game.

Archived