Brewer Fanatic

10/04/08 Phillies (Moyer) at Brewers (Bush): 5:30 PM CDT

tigerbrew

If things don't work out as hoped, please try to remember to have enjoyed the season and remain civil towards your fellow posters.

Yeah, really. On Thursday, three mods needed to intervene with "play nice" messages and five members needed to be PMed. Even if the game results aren't pretty, the mods would much rather enjoy participating in the thread by talking about the game rather enforcing board rules.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could make a real long post about today's first post season game in 26 years, but I won't. I am not ready for the train to come to an end. Everyone has us counted and down and out. JUST WIN, really simple. Look for good pitches to to hit, and be patient!!! Pitchers, you have been pretty good, just keep doing what you have been doing. When you guys go out for today's games just remember the hopes of all Brewers fans will be resting on today's game. As Solomon said so eloquently "ITS BEEN 26 YEARS, AND YOU CAN WAIT NO MORE" GO BREWERS!!!

I truly believe today the crew will win with the help of an emotional environment at Miller Park.
I know some people don't believe in that kind of stuff. But I do and I think a win today puts pressure on the Phillies to not have it go to a 5th game and that is when we steal game 4 at home. Then it's all on CC again and this time he will come through. The Brewers won't make this easy on us, but did they ever this season? Hell, did the 82 team? Nope. Lets do this Brewers!

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Not feeling good about today. I've seen too many junk lefties shut down this lineup this season when they have absolutely no business doing so. Moyer will work the outside part of the plate just like Hamels did the other day. If Moyer racks up more than 5 k's today I'm going to lose it.

It's not even that the hitters need to go the opposite way, although that's part of it. They need to wait back and take what Moyer gives them. If it means going with an outside corner pitch to right, then great. If it means wait on the break and smacking it up the middle, awesome. If it means sitting back and then whipping the ball down the left field line, fantastic. Don't get over anxious. See the ball, hit the ball.

I admitedly have not looked at the numbers where Moyer is concerned vs. R/L, but I am not at all in agreement with Weeks and Hall being in there today. If you want o play one or the other, I guess I could live with that. If we have learned nothing else in this series, it is that defense and patince at the plate are key. Not sure those two help at all in that regard.

of course, I could see the Rich Dubee (Phillies pitching coach) completely changing the game plan for Moyer, since he knows the Brewers will be looking to take the outside off-speed stuff to right field. Instead, Moyer will load up on the inside corner, busting off the hitters and breaking bats.

Coaching (either in the dugout or here on a message board) is real simple to do but the players have to adjust themselves and stay disciplined. I'm just hoping for a good game. We're still playing more "competitive" baseball right now than the Cubs have been.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

of course, I could see the Rich Dubee (Phillies pitching coach) completely changing the game plan for Moyer, since he knows the Brewers will be looking to take the outside off-speed stuff to right field. Instead, Moyer will load up on the inside corner, busting off the hitters and breaking bats.

I dare Jamie Moyer to come inside. Bring it on.

Lineups:

Phillies

SS Jimmy Rollins

RF Jayson Werth

2B Chase Utley

1B Ryan Howard

LF Pat Burrell

CF Shane Victorino

3B Pedro Feliz

C Carlos Ruiz

LHP Jamie Moyer

Brewers

CF Mike Cameron

3B Bill Hall

LF Ryan Braun

1B Prince Fielder

SS J.J. Hardy

RF Corey Hart

2B Rickie Weeks

C Jason Kendall

RHP Dave Bush

So, what are the odds that if Corey Hart strikes out/hits into a double play in a big situation today he gets booed? I say at least 75%. Lets just hope it doesn't come to that.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I'm terrified of the crowd booing at the first sign of trouble, much like how the Cubs fans acted in the first two games of their series. Hopefully those lucky enough to go to the game tonight realize that no matter what happens tonight, it was an incredible year that deserves to be remembered in a positive light. They were the biggest story in baseball for about a month following the Sabathia trade, Ben Sheets was the starting pitcher in the All-Star Game, they had an incredible August, they won 90 games, and they made the playoffs. It stinks to be down 0-2, but the Phillies turned out to be a bad match-up.

Hopefully Bush pitches well tonight and we can at least get to see both of our home games played in this series. Anyone in baseball can win three straight games -- why not start tonight? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Go Crew!

Let's keep baseball going on the shores of Lake Michigan for at least a couple more days. Brewers, Cubs win today and tomorrow and the White Sox win on Sunday.

How awesome would it be if 3 of the 4 NLCS teams were within 90 miles of each other?

How awesome would it be if 3 of the 4 NLCS teams were within 90 miles of each other?
I'm assuming you're meaning the Brewers, Cubs and Sox. Not all 3 are in the NL. And the Cubs and Sox are going to be done shortly. I'm hoping the Brewers can pull the miracle.

I'm assuming you're meaning the Brewers, Cubs and Sox. Not all 3 are in the NL. And the Cubs and Sox are going to be done shortly. I'm hoping the Brewers can pull the miracle.
I meant LCS.

The Brewers probably have a better shot than the Cubs with 2 home games, but I think neither team has much of a shot.

Archived