Brewer Fanatic

10/04/08 Phillies (Moyer) at Brewers (Bush): 5:30 PM CDT

tigerbrew
  • Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we got a game at Miller Park tomorrow against the Philles, I see no reason why we can't win that

Amen. Why not? And if they do win tomorrow... dare I get optomistic? I do like CC's chances if he gets a 2nd chance in Philly. Give me any pitcher in the majors and I'll still take CC in a game 5.

I was at the game. Didn't have a chance to hear exactly why runners were sent back to 2 and 3. Can someone let me know what exactly happened on that 9th inning DP?

Victorino ran right into Counsell at 2nd. They ruled it DP interference(spl?). They made Howard come back due to that.

And Joe Blanton is pitching tommorrow.

Thanks ElCaballo.

I was totally sitting down in my seat with my head in my hands when the bags were juiced. I was waiting for the wheels to fall off the bus killing all of us so I didn't see that actually happen.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

My head hurts from the noise, my throat is trashed from yelling, the place was totally electric. I honestly believe that the crowd there sounded like a jam packed Camp Randall. Way outta control. It was incredible. Luckily for me, I'll be back there tomorrow.
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

What a great night at the Keg. The crowd was electric. The team played really well. I thought our approach at the plate was great. How about Cam and Billy Hall with the walks...wow. JJ was smoking...even his out was smacked. Solid D too. You can't say enough about Bush either...he has been outstanding. Just gotta get one more tomorrow and we get to CC.

The crowd was awesome. Very loud, basically standing the entire game. Raucous in the concourse following the game.

If we pull this off, Miller Park is going to be something else.

Even Smoltz commented on the crowd on TV. He said that the Brewers fans must be in great shape because they had been standing the whole game. BA joked that they have had 26 years to rest, which I thought was funny.

Victorino ran right into Counsell at 2nd. They ruled it DP interference(spl?). They made Howard come back due to that.

And Joe Blanton is pitching tommorrow.

To further explain it, they made Howard go back because the interference was called before Howard touched home plate. Same thing with whoever was on second and going to third (can't remember who, so sue me. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif ) But if they would've been at home and third respectively before interference was called they would've been able to stay there.

To further explain it, they made Howard go back because the interference was called before Howard touched home plate. Same thing with whoever was on second and going to third (can't remember who, so sue me. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif ) But if they would've been at home and third respectively before interference was called they would've been able to stay there.
Bad plays by three players in one instance. I didn't think that was possible. It looked as though Howard walked to home he should have been to home around the same time that ball was at 2B. Horrible play by Victorino and Howard and whoever was going to 3rd also. No hustle by two players and a stupid play by Victorino.

I was at the game tonight and I must say the crowd was absolutely nuts. It was incredible to see everyone on their feet every single time a Phillie hitter had two strikes against him or a Brewer hitter had a three ball count. The crowd definitely had a part in tonight's victory. Bush seemed to thrive off the energy and the Phillies hitters in the first inning seemed a bit rattled as they were swinging at pitches they would normally lay off of. I am so glad I spent way too much for a nosebleed ticket (I was in the very last row). It's an experience I will never forget.

Not to rub it in for those of you who couldn't attend, but this game was a pretty sweet experience. The Brewers' record vs. the Phillies in 2008 when I'm in attendance is now 2-0.

After last weekend, it was so nice to have a partisan crowd, instead of bipartisan. I haven't been in as loud of a Camp Randall crowd before. Kohl Center, yes, but that's a smaller facility. Way to go, fellow attendees.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived