Brewer Fanatic

4/28/06 1:20 pm Brewers (Bush) @ Cubs (Maddux)

mikerollins
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does the ball also rise into the stands when the other A's pitchers go through their wind-up? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

This is really frustrating to watch. Hopefully this is one of the 50 and not one of the 62.

Quote:
Why doesn't Yost ever pinch hit his lefties when they have to face a lefty pitcher?

I dunno that it called for it in that situation. You pinch hit Hall for Koskie and they bring in Williamson. Williamson throws 3 of those sliders in the dirt and Hall goes down on 3 pitches. I liked Koskie to get on base against Eyre better than Hall to get on against Williamson. (especially with Billy's struggles as a pinch-hitter.)

Plus..I'd prefer to save Hall for a situation where he is the tying run (granted it might never get to that point).

Quote:
This good Tomo / bad Tomo... good Bush / bad Bush bologne sausage is a maddening recipe for a nice .512 season

5 ER's in 6 innings isn't necessarily the recipe for a .500 season.

Teams have to find a way to win some of the games where the starter doesn't have his A stuff, but he is still able to give you 6 semi-solid innings with a chance to win a game 6-5.

Teams just don't have #5 pitchers that can toss a gem consistently.

Quote:
12 strikeouts just don't cut the mustard

Agreed. Gotta be able to put the ball in play and allow things (sac flies, errors, moving runners over, scoring on groundouts) to happen. Strikeouts can give you nothing positive.

Quote:
Anyone else think maybe they should've sent JJ home in the 1st on Caballo's hit? It initially looked to me like he could've made it with a slide and if not in the 1st with men on and one out, when?

Unfortunately I missed the top of the first and had to hear it on the radio. However, that was my first thought on the radio (without seeing the play) I wonder if we should have sent JJ there.

Oh well. It's over. Get em tomm.

Don't worry... this was just one of those games we were supposed to lose. Maddux, Bush's first start at Wrigley, Prince due for a bad game, JDLR implodes with 2 outs. Game looked lost from the start, to me.

Now these next two games we REALLY need to win. We cannot keep giving up 2 for 1's to our Central Division rivals.

If Davis and Cappy are on, or just not totally off, we got a good shot to take this series.

Archived