Brewer Fanatic

4/28/06 1:20 pm Brewers (Bush) @ Cubs (Maddux)

mikerollins
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question from chat room.

Anyone happen to know whether we're leading the league in stranding the bases loaded?

Real nice inning by Bush though, and that was the "good" part of the line-up

Quote:
I've never feared Ramirez. I always thought he was overhyped, overrated, and overpaid. Then last year he had a breakout year, so I was silenced. But last I checked, he was hitting under .200

He hit .318 with 36 HR and a .951 OPS in 2004. Hard to call last year his breakout season. He also hit .300 with 34 HR's in 2001.

Quote:
Probably going to lose this one. The Crew had its chance in the first, and didn't cash in. Against Maddux, you only get one shot.

Sheesh, kind of early to say that, isn't it? I think the Brewers are capable of having a 2 or 3 run inning or two, especially at Wrigley.

Maddux is 40 years old and I don't think he'll be this effective come, say, the 7th or so.

Patience is required to enjoy baseball eh?

Is Jim Powell calling Maddux a spitballin cheater?

LaRussa had the ump check the ball 3 times the last time Maddux pitched vs STL. Geoff Jenkins even talked about it yesterday on XM radio with Dibble and Kennedy. There's been talk about scuffing and other things with Maddux for a long time. Jenkins said he doesn't think Maddux scuffs the ball or loads it up, but he said he understands why some people do think so.

Quote:
You get one shot against a pitcher at the level of Greg Maddux or Carlos Zambrano. You have to cash in.

Clancy, you said the same thing earlier this year about Roy Oswalt. Maddux is tough, but there are six innings left. It's nowhere near over.

Archived