Brewer Fanatic

4/28/06 1:20 pm Brewers (Bush) @ Cubs (Maddux)

mikerollins
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody have prospective lineups? Edit: there's one.

I feel good about this Maddux start. He's never gone 5-0 in his career, he hasn't pitched well against the Brewers in recent memory, and the Cubs are missing two of their best three hitters (Barrett will be out today) and their other good hitter is slumping (Ramirez is stinking it up right now).

Go Brewers!

Quote:
Weeks

Hardy

Jenks

Lee

Fielder

Miller

Koskie

Clark

That is exactly what I am expecting too. I guess if Gross plays again we will know that Brady is really in the doghouse (not that I would be too upset to say Gabe in there).

Just paid my first visit to Northsidebaseball.com and I have to say that it will probably be my last visit. Are they always such arrogant donkies over there or are they just stepping it up a notch because the Brewers are in town? Why does it always seem like whenever you talk to any Cubs fan, regardless of their level of baseball knowledge, they always think that the final score will be 14-1 Cubs. I have never really heard them say "this is going to be good, close game." Glad I don't live in Chicago. It is reading message boards like that that makes me happy that the White Sox won the World Series last year.

Quote:
Just paid my first visit to Northsidebaseball.com and I have to say that it will probably be my last visit. Are they always such arrogant donkies over there or are they just stepping it up a notch because the Brewers are in town? Why does it always seem like whenever you talk to any Cubs fan, regardless of their level of baseball knowledge, they always think that the final score will be 14-1 Cubs. I have never really heard them say "this is going to be good, close game." Glad I don't live in Chicago. It is reading message boards like that that makes me happy that the White Sox won the World Series last year.

Very well said. I just got done reading there for the first time also and i agree wholeheartedly.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I live in Chicago and they now call the Brewers their 'arch-rivals' (Aramis Ramirez said it in a radio interview as did one of the radio guys) Nice to see we replaced the Cardinals.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Lineups:

Brewers:

Weeks, 2B

Hardy, SS

Jenkins, RF

Lee, LF

Fielder, 1B

Koskie, 3B

Miller, C

Clark, CF

Bush, P

Scrubs:

Pierre, CF

Cedeno, SS

Walker, 1B

Ramirez, 3B

Murton, LF

Jones, RF

Perez, 2B

Blanco, C

Maddux, P

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Pretty lineups:

Brewers Cubs Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- 2B Weeks, Rickie 0 5 .242 CF Pierre, Juan 0 2 .256 SS Hardy, JJ 3 9 .272 SS Cedeno, Ronny 0 6 .308 RF Jenkins, Geoff 4 9 .253 1B Walker, Todd 2 12 .339 LF Lee, Carlos 8 18 .304 3B Ramirez, Aramis 4 10 .206 1B Fielder, Prince 3 13 .361 LF Murton, Matt 2 15 .294 3B Koskie, Corey 2 4 .328 RF Jones, Jacque 3 8 .188 C Miller, Damian 1 12 .320 2B Perez, Neifi 0 3 .200 CF Clark, Brady 1 5 .206 C Blanco, Henry 0 0 .071 P Bush, Dave (2-1, 3.54) P Maddux, Greg (4-0, 0.99)

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'm anxious to see what Brady will do with a little rest. Hopefully he can build off that double on Wednesday. The sooner we get him back in the leadoff spot, the sooner we get Weeks out of it and in a better slot.

I was hoping that Hall would start today at CF. Corey is hot and I'm a person that thinks JJ and Rickie need to play to improve/get going offensively and defensively (esp Rickie). Any thoughts when or if Ned will do it? Maybe pinch-hit for Brady later in todays game?

Anyone just see the graphic put up on FSN?

Brewers are 5-7 against the NL Central this year

Pirates 2-0

Cards 1-2

Astros 1-2

Reds 1-3

...did you catch what the soon to be fired stat guy at FSN didn't??? How can you screw that one up, come on!

Archived