Brewer Fanatic

4/28/06 1:20 pm Brewers (Bush) @ Cubs (Maddux)

mikerollins

I hope nobody objects to starting tomorrow's IGT now. With it being a day game, and the day off today, it just seems appropriate. I really hope the Crew can continue playing well at Wrigley and gain some ground in the standings.

Interesting tidbit......

Of the Brewers losses......3 have come to the Reds, 2 to the Astros, and 2 to the Cardinals.

That is 7 losses against the NL Central.

The Brewers are 4-2 against the NL East and 2-1 against the NL West.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i was on the scrubs #1 indepentdent message board(can't remember the name), they started tomorrow game thread yesterday and allready have 3 pages. I am so loooking forward to this game, I think Maddux is ready to come back to earth. my predition Brewers 6 scrubs 3.

Dave Bush - (2-1, 3.54)

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2006/03/13/URwpUtm6.jpg

Bush's Splits vs. Chicago

Bush is coming off his second career shutout after beating Cincinnati, 11-0, on Sunday. He struck out nine and walked only two in pitching the four-hit shutout. It will be his fifth start since joining the Brewers in the offseason trade that sent Lyle Overbay to the Blue Jays

@

Greg Maddux - (4-0, 0.99)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f88/JoeH33/Maddux2.jpg

Maddux's Splits vs. Milwaukee

Maddux is getting better with age. In his last start, the right-hander won his fourth straight game -- the first time he's won his first four starts in his career -- and did so in splendid fashion. Maddux threw seven scoreless innings against the Cardinals, striking out four. He is 12-3 with a 2.16 ERA lifetime against the Brewers.

Media Coverage

TV - FSN North

Radio - AM 620 WTMJ

Online - MLB.com Gameday, ESPN.com GameCast

Game Information

MLB.com Game Preview

NorthSideBaseball.com Forums

I will be attending this game at Wrigley Field thanks to a radio contest during the Peter Brown show on AM 1250 WSSP. I was the lucky caller who correctly answered the question "When was the last time the Brewers swept the Cubs?". I ended up winning two tickets.

I really hope we win.

GO BREWERS !!!!!!

The Brewers were 1 of only 4 teams that bothered to put out a press pass today.

Brewers

presspass.mlb.com/docs/77...0_1264.pdf

Cubs

presspass.mlb.com/docs/77...0_1356.pdf

Fun fact from the Cubs Press Pass:

MADDUX VS. MILWAUKEE: Today?s starter Greg Maddux owns a 12-3 career mark

against the Milwaukee Brewers, good for an .800 winning percentage ? that?s Maddux?s

best winning percentage against any National League team.

Ironically, Maddux?s second-best winning percentage among National League clubs is

against the Cubs (11-3, .786).

I don't know why (I assume because his one really bad outing was reeeeaallly bad), but I was kind of surprised to see that we're 7-1 in games Matt Wise pitches in. Yeah, I know he's our set-up man but I don't recall seeing him even that much.

pretty obvious the formula for success so far, eh?

As for my surprise...Cappy w/5 QS. I was shocked on Wed to go to mlb.com and see he was leading the league in K's. And how 'bout that Sheets K:BB.

I just bought MVP Baseball 2005 on Ebay because i lost my old copy.

Updating the rosters MANUALLY spanned this entire week. A little bit each night. Thanks Xbox live for shutting down MVP's auto updates.. i guess they had to..

ANYWAY, i set up my rotation: Sheets, Davis, Bush, Cappy, Ohka... Just got done playing my third game of the season which was last years schedule.

Bush vs. Maddux...... I got no-hit by Maddux. Actually, Carlos hit a double and reached third on an error by the centerfielder but they didn't count it as a hit for some reason.. lost 1 to 0. Bush was strong... 12 K's.

And that, is your MVP preview.

Nothing like a cubs/crew game to start up the weekend. Dont know about anyone else but these games get me fired up. I really hate not only the cubs but the people that go with them. Just a few hours away and work gets a whole lot better.

Keep the lineup the same with weeks at the top with gorss in the 2. Its been winning and you keep a good thing going until it fails. Brady can wait.

Good success in the past vs Maddux. Excluding the pitchers, the Brewers hitters hit at a team clip of .307 (59 for 192) vs Maddux, if my numbers are correct. Of course, Maddux has not been this "on fire" in a while, either.

Jenkins... .395 in 38 AB with 1 HR

Miller.... .385 in 26 AB

Clark... .346 in 26 AB

Lee (not so good)... .158 in only 19 AB with 1 HR

Jacque Jones is the only Cubs player that has faced David Bush (1 for 5) from his days with the Twins.

Advantage Crew?

Archived