Brewer Fanatic

10/02/08 Brewers (Sabathia) at Phillies (Myers): 5:00 PM CDT

hawing
  • Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of the pitches to Rollins was barely a strike, the fourth ball was outside. Blame Sabathia, not the ump.

Well two of the called balls to Myers were absolutely strikes. Is that Sabathia's fault, too? He should have been out of the inning before Rollins even trotted into the batters box.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

He is a playoff choker I guess.
I bet it felt good for you to say that.
Why? I'm one of the people who asserted it was just a small sample and not necessarily indicative of the truth. But now it's 2 different postseason implosions.

I guess it felt good for YOU to displace your frustration.

One of the pitches to Rollins was barely a strike, the fourth ball was outside. Blame Sabathia, not the ump.

Well two of the called balls to Myers were absolutely strikes. Is that Sabathia's fault, too? He should have been out of the inning before Rollins even trotted into the batters box.

I remember one close one, but they didn't show the K zone or whatever they call it so who knows. Walking a pitcher is inexcusable, whether or not the ump made a bad call on one pitch.

He is a playoff choker I guess.
I bet it felt good for you to say that.
Why? I'm one of the people who asserted it was just a small sample and not necessarily indicative of the truth. But now it's 2 different postseason implosions.

I guess it felt good for YOU to displace your frustration.

Poor performance != Choking

I remember one close one, but they didn't show the K zone or whatever they call it so who knows. Walking a pitcher is inexcusable, whether or not the ump made a bad call on one pitch.

Ball one and ball four were strikes, especially ball one (or two...I guess I can't keep track in my head).

I'd normally agree with you, but when someone throws six strikes in one at-bat, and only two pitches are hit foul, they should probably get credit for a strikeout at some point.

Ultimately, the complete uselessness of Corey Hart and whoever the moron is that keeps putting him in the lineup can take some blame for this, too. But Mark Wegner is a piece of trash.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

now two high strikes to Ray...c'mon it's called CONSISTENCY

And why again aren't managers allowed to question umpire's ball & strike calls? The integrity of the game has to come into question when evidence like this exists.

The walk to the pitcher took CC out of his game. I know it's not much of an excuse as he needs to forget about it and throw strikes, but the ump completely blew that call on strike 3 to the pitcher. Even the announcers could be heard in the background making a noise like "huh?" after that ball was called. The crowd got into it and CC was rattled. The ump and Hart's turd have handed all the momentum to the Phillies. Thanks you two!

Archived