Brewer Fanatic

10/02/08 Brewers (Sabathia) at Phillies (Myers): 5:00 PM CDT

hawing
I'm glad to see Counsel and Durham in. But, it would be interesting if Dale moved CC to the 6 spot and put Hart at 9? Because, honestly, Hart deserves to be at the bottom of our batting order.
To me Hart looked ALOT better yesterday. Better than almost anyone in that lineup. The best he has looked in a long while. I know he struck out to end that game but he still looked much better. I'm hoping he may have turned a corner.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I remember right, Hart got the first hit yesterday and also got robbed of a hit his first time up. To say that Hart shouldn't be starting is throwing out everything that he's accomplished already this year. Everyone has a bad month and he'll come out of this slump if he hasn't already started to. I take him over any of the backups easily. Keep the faith.

TV set to TBSHD, volume at 0 - check

Radio set to Jim and Bob - check

No business meetings on the calendar - check

Wild Card t-shirt - check

Scorebook (for some reason I feel like scoring the game) - check

Adult beverage (Midleton Irish Whiskey) - check

Sabathia pitching - check

Yep, I'm ready!

I'm going glass half full tonight...no doubt it's a must-win if the Brewers plan on winning the series. They must win both CC starts and swipe one in Milwaukee...probably game three versus four with Hamels.

Myers has been vulnerable lately and tonights lineup with Durham & Counsell have put better ABs on recently versus Hall & Weeks. While they may be equal over a longer period of time, their fielding has been better under the bright lights of a pennant race. I didn't see much out of the Phillies at the plate last night either...they capitalized on our mistakes. It was like watching us versus the Pirates...put the ball in play and wait for them to screw up. We should be better tonight.

First game jitters are gone, CC is on the hill and the bats look a little better than they did two weeks ago. I say we win this one.

I'm actually much more nervous today

I don't have many expectations for the playoffs themselves so I won't be incredibly disappointed with a NLDS loss, but I don't want to get swept and if CC loses today the way is paved

I feel you. I can't say I'm "nervous" about any game in this series, as I truly am just "happy to be here," but I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop with CC. He's bound to have a bad game some day. And even if he only gives up 2 or 3 runs, I am not confident (though always optimistic) that we can score enough to win.

Am I the only one who isn't nervous when watching the game? I was really nervous at the end of the regular season, but in game 1 I wasn't nervous at all. Not in the 3rd inning, not in the 9th inning. Maybe it's just that I'm so happy they're in the playoffs for the first time in my life that it doesn't really matter to me if they win or lose.

Archived