Brewer Fanatic

10/02/08 Brewers (Sabathia) at Phillies (Myers): 5:00 PM CDT

hawing
  • Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not going to be begging for 5 runs, but I would love to see a 2-0 cushion for CC after the Brewers' first AB's. It's going to be key to get off to an early lead vs. a team like the Phillies with a bullpen like theirs.

I know it won't happen, but is anyone else hoping to see TGJ in rightfield tonight? I know Hart looked a little bit better yesterday, but a single and a well hit ground ball is not enough to make me feel confident in him just yet. He still struck out to end the game on the most hittable pitch Lidge threw in the 9th, who obviously wasn't as dominant as usual yesterday. I wouldn't mind seeing Nelson either, but I would imagine his defense is average at best and the Brewers can't afford to put an average rightfielder to start out there in October. They definitely wouldn't be losing anything defensively with TGJ out there and right now they need guys to just get on base and I have more confidence in TGJ doing that right now than Hart (I have more confidence in anyone over Hart right now except Hall). I just don't like the matchup for Hart vs Myers and I think it might be a favorable matchup for a slap-hitting lefty like TGJ. At some point something has to give with Hart and his .300 OBP (and much lower than that over the last month or so). Any thoughts???

I would feel awful about seeing Tony Gwynn in right field. I might throw my television remote.

Sorry, I just don't think he has a place on an MLB roster. Now if you were talking Brad Nelson in right, I'd listen.

Witrade says that Durham and Counsell don't offer an ugrade offensively over Weeks/Hall. I have to whole heartedly disagree with that. I don't want to see Rickie or Billy on the field on Saturday. As far as i'm concerned, this should be the lineup the rest of the season.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Witrade says that Durham and Counsell don't offer an ugrade offensively over Weeks/Hall. I have to whole heartedly disagree with that. I don't want to see Rickie or Billy on the field on Saturday. As far as i'm concerned, this should be the lineup the rest of the season.
I would also disagree with Witrado. Durham and Counsell give you a good AB can take a walk and I just feel more confident in either of them giving us a clutch hit. Just look at yesterday Counsell had a hit and a walk I believe and Durham had a PH off Lidge.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Here's to hoping Sabathia's rubber arm keeps on going and we don't get a repeat of what happened to him in last year's playoffs. At the very least he should slow down Howard and Utley.

I won't be able to watch most of the game tonight, but hopefully I'll be pleased when I check the score on my phone throughout the night. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I would feel awful about seeing Tony Gwynn in right field. I might throw my television remote.

Sorry, I just don't think he has a place on an MLB roster. Now if you were talking Brad Nelson in right, I'd listen.

I guess I should have been a little more clear in my post in that I would definitely consider Nelson a better option right now too - I was just concerned about his defense because I don't know much about it. We saw how much poor defense can hurt you in the postseason yesterday, and TGJ is a good defender. As for TGJ, I'm not sure if he does or does not belong on a MLB roster, but with the way Hart is at the plate right now, his performance would not be considered MLB worthy in my mind either (and I striclty mean that with the way he has been lately, not overall)

Just win the game today by any means necessary. HERE WE GO BREWERS
Exactly. I'm trying my best not to get hung up with Dale's eccentric batting lineup right now. It's the playoffs, I don't care how illogical things are, just win!

I could see an argument that Durham doesn't give you an upgrade over Weeks but Hall has been utterly worthless all year long against righties and Counsell is an upgrade in my book.

I'm trying my best not to get hung up with Dale's eccentric batting lineup right now. It's the playoffs, I don't care how illogical things are, just win!
It's a good point, when half your lineup appears incapable of getting a hit, it doesn't matter too much what order you put them in. Score some runs!

Archived